• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New gal from NY

lady4wd

Hi guys, hope its ok for a woman to join your crew. I have been lurking for a bit. I have an '87 M1028 AKA "Judy", 24,000 miles on her. Her primary job is; horse taxi secondary, steel farm hand. I am posting a pic link of her at work. I forget its painted camo when people stare, I think they just think I'm all that...hehe Its worse, when they ask if I painted it like that... Um NO.... Do I look THAT hillbilly.?.. but the camo has grown on me, I must admit.

I put a gn hitch in her and my current projects include GP issues, debating on converting 24-12 v, her wipers work, when they feel like it, changed a broken triangle window ( I see why it was broken, the doors didn't unlock very well). Also welding up a bumper hitch, as none of my toys use the pintle system :?. I wont drive her in the snow, she will rot in NY. I'm waiting for an ambulance to die, so I can get a dash and seat.

I have always been a 360 HD Dodge runner, this is new to me. There seems to be little power in her, comparatively. The low gears took some getting used to. I have to leave early to reach the trails in time. I'll need your help, its just me and getting to the trails is important. :grd:.
So hello to all...

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Actually...it's not a man or woman thing...the OD infection/disease is unisex and according to the CDC in Atlanta....there's no cureaua

As was said in my favorite movie..(Airplane)..."They knew what they were doing...they bought their MVs...I say let em crash"!!!!:idea::idea::idea::idea:

Stalwart

You guys are a bunch of old horndogs! :beer:

My wife is big time into MV's, has had 3 at one time and still owns 2.5 of them. We share the HEMTT, and I get to work on them all. She gets involved when an extra set of hands or a strong back is required.

So welcome Missy, you aren't the only girl who loves "green stuff".

Last edited:

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe now a couple of women I know will think about not "lurking about" as guests and become registered "OD Green Disease" sufferers like the rest. They belong to our club and visit this site regularly but have been a little timid about joining. There is nothing timid about the way they handle vehicles though. Especially the heavier ones. Welcome aboard lady.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Maybe now a couple of women I know will think about not "lurking about" as guests and become registered "OD Green Disease" sufferers like the rest. They belong to our club and visit this site regularly but have been a little timid about joining. There is nothing timid about the way they handle vehicles though. Especially the heavier ones. Welcome aboard lady.
Please ask them to come on in. I think we are grown up enough to handle unisex OD disease!!:grd:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site.

If you are having starting issues, it is probably your glow plugs. Best to do a search as there are a lot of threads on this. Even if you don't need them now, you will eventually.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks