• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Early M151 Question

Sarge29

I did remove all rusted panels to look for any damage on the unibody. There was a small amount of rust on one rail that I had to repair near the center of the body. The new floor panels did not have the drain plugs, they came with the slotted type drain. I have worked on this little mutt for about 2 1/2 years, just taking my time. As far as the paint, I wanted to go 4 color as it was used during the later years of the war ( when I enlisted) and the paint that I have is the paint from that time as well. I kept the paint (original mil spec from supply in the early 1970s) stored inside. I know that there are several things that are not 100% on this 151 but time will take care of that.

Attachments

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was privy to a tour of Sam Werners place in Tracy City, Tenn. back before he let some idiots crush out. And all the straight 151 bodies he had (AND HE HAD A BUNCH) had the dual cowl vents.
And though my memory ain't what it used to be the first M-151 I ever had ( One that WILLY's made)
it also had the dual cowl vents. and the other thing I found different was that the early straight 151's only had one U-joint in the axle shafts( More like a Volkswagen) also as I recall I had a heck of a time when I went to change the rear A-arm bushings. The early 151's just had a rubber bushing like a shock eye where the A-1 arms have a press in torsillistic bushing (The same as used in the A-2). E-brake lever and boot are different(I have some of that stuff,and a NOS boot) also as I remember mine had a round rod headlight guards but I am not sure if those were standard or something done before I got the Jeep. Hope some of that helps. popacom / BILL in Ky.:jumpin:

p.s. There were 3 distinctly different top assy's used through the
series #1. 2 window canvas =151& early A-1
#2. 1 window canvas = latter A-1's and early A-2's #3. 1 window vinyl = A-1's and A-2's

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks