• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Roof coat or Bed liner?

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have two M146's that need to have the roof sealed, they leak when it rains. Have heard that someone used bed liner on the roof of their M109 (i think). I'm wondering about whether that would be better than doing some kind of mobile home roof coat. I'm guessing that it would cost more, still need to look into that.

Looking at the roof it looks like I need to tryand scrape off as much of the old tar on the seams as I can. Then re-tar and coat the whole thing. I have heard that I then need to re-coat it every year to keep the tar from drying out and cracking.

What are you guys using to seal the roofs on trailers?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks