• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M60 MG on Gun Truck

historyfanatics

This may have been answered someplace before, but I will go ahead and ask again, as I couldn't find the answer the first time. :deadhorse:

Does anybody make a simulated firing M60? Not an airsfot or a semi-auto, but a simulated firing model - one that runs on propane/oxygen.

I have checked IRAC, and they don't offer a simulated firing gun. Neither does Replicas and Weapons. Nor Joe Schaeffer (although I am planning on getting one of his guns for my display). And, the airsoft guns look neat, but I don't participate in airsoft battles + they are not durable enough to stand up (plus the lack of weight) in the hands-on displays we do.

So, is there one out there that I haven't seen yet? Or, does anybody have a way to modify Joe Schaeffer's M60 to simulated firing?

Thanks,

historyfanatics

Yes: www.IRACinc.com Steve is the best in the business.
Okay, maybe I am not looking in the right place on the website. When I click on the site, I see a picture of a Mk. 19 Automatic Grenade Launcher on the left. Although impressive, this is not what I am looking for. Clicking on the drop down menu for sim-fire brings up .30 Brownings and.50 Brownings. Again, not what I am looking for.

The only M60 GPMG's I can find on the site are under the replica drop-down menu. Impressive, yes. What I am looking for, no.

Would I like a real one in semi-auto? Yes. Could I feed it? No (I don't make that much working for the County). Would I like a real one that's full auto? Yes and no - too much of a hassle when you want to do anything. And, there's the feeding problem again.

That leaves me with a gas (sim-fire) gun. Have I been looking? Yes. Have I found one? No. And, that is what brings me to this forum.

Y'all keep posting the IRAC website, but he doesn't seem to have what I need. Does anybody else make a SIM-FIRE M60? Not a replica and not a live gun. That is the question. Yes, he makes some other interesting items. And, yes, perhaps in the future I may obtain one or more. But, not now. Now, I need the M60. Actually, it appears I need 3 M60's - all sim-fire.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dont see why airsoft is a no-go. They have gas blowback ones and this isnt the best price, just an example. M60 Blowback I've been watching this thread and looking but havent found much for m60 simulations.

Last edited:

B3.3T

Why don't you contact IRAC and ask them? You asked the question, we gave you the answer. Sometimes there is more to life than expecting everyone to do everything for you.

WarrenD

IIRC, Maddawg got a pair of 60's from Reese Surplus for his M-37 GT project. Can't say if they are propane.

historyfanatics

Why don't you contact IRAC and ask them? You asked the question, we gave you the answer. Sometimes there is more to life than expecting everyone to do everything for you.
Well, in the past when I HAVE contacted them, I was told that they did not offer one.

I'm not asking others to do my work. Just asking if others can point me in the right direction.

As for why it must be an M60, it's because that's what was on the truck. The M60 covered the loaders on the quad mount during loading. It also provided security for the truck. If the turret is pointed one way, it could engage in a different direction. Add to this the ability to direct fire to a particular area through the use of tracers.

Airsoft does not work for what we need. We have looked at it, and even considered it.

I'd like to take the time to thank everybody for their contribution on this subject. It is evident that I ruffle more than a few feathers with questions. We will look elsewhere for our answers.

historyfanatics

I went back and went through IrAC's site again. I don't know how I missed it the first 15 or so times. Perhaps I was drooling too much on the .50's.

Anyways, yes, they do offer a replica M60E3. As nice as this is, though, it is NOT a sim-fire, which is what we need.

And, before anybody says anything, I did e-mail an inquiry.

I have asked this question of both IRAC and Replicas and Weapons in the past, and been told by both companies that they did not offer a sim-fire version. However, I have seen (and played with) sim-fire M60's, so I know they are out there.

I'm not trying to pick fights, etc. I am simply trying to get the best answer for my question.

And, yes, IRAC does make some nice stuff. However, they don't appear to make what we need - Viet Nam era M60 GPMG in ground configuration for vehicle mounting.

So, thanks to everybody for your help on this matter. It's back to the drawing board for us.

Darwin T

hi robert,

if you goto yahoo and enter:
Demilitarized M60D Machine Gun

there is an sale ended listing for ebay. i don't know if it was sold or just expired. i think this is what you are looking for though. check it out, you may be able to contact the seller.

historyfanatics

hi robert,

if you goto yahoo and enter:
Demilitarized M60D Machine Gun

there is an sale ended listing for ebay. i don't know if it was sold or just expired. i think this is what you are looking for though. check it out, you may be able to contact the seller.
Thanks. The sale is ended, but the seller provided enough info for me to contact him.

I found a decent replica M60 for about $1,000. And, I think I found a way to gas it. Now, I just have to put everything together to make it work.:D

prguntruck

Did you ever find a sim-fire M60 ?
Steve from IRAC built my oxygen-propane M60D 15 years ago.
He does NOT build them anymore. Mine is available to go to a good home, but the price is in the "investment" category, definitely not a budget-concious item.

B3.3T

$2100.00. Barrel is good. Nothing is a reweld. A functional parts kit was used to assemble the gun.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks