• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M172A1.....Legal???

That_Cowboy

Nope they are straight air brakes with no parking brake can.
Crumb, well thank you for the quick reply. Do you have any recommendations for trailers then? As I said looking for something I can haul the dozer with behind the 818 for brush clearing jobs and stuff, I’ve got the tractor need the trailer lol

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Crumb, well thank you for the quick reply. Do you have any recommendations for trailers then? As I said looking for something I can haul the dozer with behind the 818 for brush clearing jobs and stuff, I’ve got the tractor need the trailer lol
Could use a USMC EET trailer. They seem to go cheap. It's a pintle hitch trailer that can handle 30 tons.

Load king m322 or Globe GTTU202 is the other

That_Cowboy

Could use a USMC EET trailer. They seem to go cheap. It's a pintle hitch trailer that can handle 30 tons.

Load king m322 or Globe GTTU202 is the other
Okay, thanks! I’ve seen the EET before and that would indeed be pretty good for hauling I’ll look into that further, however I would prefer something that’s a fifth wheel though if at all possible, just my overall preference. I mean I’m not opposed to modifying my M818 if the pros outweighs the cons but not sure if there’s a sweet spot for a fifth wheel trailer with that rating which I feel is strange as I’ve seen stock appearing M818s hauling all sorts of heavier cargo with these trailers, it’s finding the one to suit my needs I guess.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, thanks! I’ve seen the EET before and that would indeed be pretty good for hauling I’ll look into that further, however I would prefer something that’s a fifth wheel though if at all possible, just my overall preference. I mean I’m not opposed to modifying my M818 if the pros outweighs the cons but not sure if there’s a sweet spot for a fifth wheel trailer with that rating which I feel is strange as I’ve seen stock appearing M818s hauling all sorts of heavier cargo with these trailers, it’s finding the one to suit my needs I guess.
M818s were used with 172s all day long in the military. Some 172s even have a data plate covering max GVWR when towed with a 5 ton tractor. The brakes are completely compatible.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks