• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another New Jersey guy on...Help and Hi

Heavyjp

Hey guys, I love the vehicles especially the Cucv M1009...Drove em in the service and would love to own one for jersey winters and towing...

The help I'm asking for is from all my research I got that you don't get titles for the M1009's? Please inform this noob...

I also want to know where would I buy one from...Was on Government Liquidation site but didn't know if I could trust it...Ebay also, but seemed to expensive.

Also, what is the going rate for one? and best year?

fasttruck

GL usually sends a SF 97 to the winner of the auction for a titlable vehicle which you take to DMV and get a title and plates. However, in the enchanted land of New Jersey the motor vehicle commission will not accept a reassigned SF 97. For those of us burdened by living in NJ they (GL)will provide a title from AZ or FL which you can take to MV and get a NJ title and plates. Vehicles that are registered but not titled like small trailers are a challange as there is no previous registered owner and MV will definetely run you around on small trailers. Don't ask how I know this. If you get a vehicle get the pubs i.e. operators manual and organizational service manual and lube order ASAP.

Heavyjp

Thanks...thats a world of info....So, GL is a decent site!

I want to swap in an LT1 motor as I have a few motors laying around. I'm a wrenchhead, but don't wanna play around too much with diesel and glow plugs..lol

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks...thats a world of info....So, GL is a decent site!

welcome , GL is the only choice straight from the military . As for a decent site is a personal opinion there are many,many,many threads here on GL try a search. keep in mind you bid on it , pay for it the day after auction closes , fill out the EUC ( correctly ) within 10 days of auctions end , wait for GL to submit to battle creek now the fun starts you wait sometimes over 100 days for EUC to clear , if it clears you recieve a paid in full invoice and have a short time to pick-up hope it wasn't looted or damage by forktrucks ar GL. good luck it is ussually smart to buy a low priced trailer or something that requires a EUC for 1st time buyers as they charge a 25% default fee if it dosen't clear and they already have your money

ryan77

Do you guys no any one from Jersey Shore???? Or real housewives of New Jersey???? Im just messing around welcome my fellow Yankee!!!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks