• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ok guys i need some battery help with a m1008

$!N!$T3R

I got a m1008 about one year ago,love the truck,but had something very weird happen, it has the stock battery's but the one by firewall exploded like some one shot a 45 under the hood. as soon as the key turned (boom!!) has ran fine for one year and is a great truck...so...what now? just the battery you think or am i looking at some big problems? maybe go 12 volt...guys any help? as i am lost on this one:cry:

rickf

And very liberally dust the engine compartment with baking soda to neutralize the acid. Do thin until it stops foaming otherwise you will find out just how fast a Chevy can rust!

Rick

$!N!$T3R

thank you so much. I was hoping that's all it was.getting the baking soda out right now . you guys have always been great help, i'll lett you guys know if i find something other than that. but that's what i think happened too. thank you again:beer:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you put a new battery in, check it with a volt meter. Measure it on it's own terminals. Then start the truck and measure it again, on it's own terminals.

It should be slightly higher when it is running. If it is way too high, shut it off , you could have an alternator voltage regulator issue. If the voltage looks good(15 or less) you should be all set and you can assume it was just a bad battery.

rnd-motorsports

:ditto::ditto: clean the battery asid stuff is nasty will couse its own problems and as stated check alts . I think if you have not done the doghead starter fix would be a good time as this might have caused a volt spike or such and that starter relay will not take much. just check things and watch what will and willnot work. way not have any more problems but you never know! GOOD LUCK!!2cents

WARWAG

You might want to invest in a set of battery warmers as well if your temps get down below 32 degrees all winter. If a battery freezes all kinds of bad things can happen. Oh and as stated above I would wash down your engine compartment asap with baking soda. You could dump a whole box of arm and hammer in a partially filled Hudson sprayer (warm water) and shake until everything is mixed up. Then spray down the entire engine compartment. Wait a bit and then wash again with water or a very low power pressure washer. Good luck.

$!N!$T3R

thank you guys so much, so far it was just the battery. i checked it with my meter and it was under 15 with it running, and 30 all together even with the rpm up so i think its cool now. oh the gauge on the dash is in the green but its very close to the red,but all looks OK so far.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks