• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mud runs

devilman96

Ah... I see we have the same karma... or maybe the same inept ability to seek out and find "the one"| and prolly "only" arse hole minded moron in the mix to have to deal with in a situation where your just lookin to have a little fun and relaxation... *sigh*... add him to the "one day when I snap" list and move on... LOL

baja_power

just for refrence here were the rules..

Rules:

DOT Approved Tires only, No Paddle, bar, tractor, or industrial tires.

All Vehicles must be 4-wheel drive.

Seat Belts must be working and worn properly in truck classes.

Helmets are recommended but not mandatory for truck classes.

We are not responsible for any damage to vehicles or property.

Drivers are responsible for the actions of their party. Fighting and UN sportsmen
like conduct will not be tolerated.

Absolutely NO alcohol or drugs permitted on the grounds.

No passengers during the race.

All vehicles will be inspected.

No high speed driving or hot-dogging will be tolerated in the pits, staging or infield
area.

All breaks must be working properly.

All loose articles must be removed from vehicles before race.

All drivers must be 18 years of age or over, 16 & 17 years of age with parental
consent form. ( parent must be present)

Once forward momentum stops you will be flagged off and receive a DNF.

Registration closes 30 minutes before the start of the race. If your are late NO entry.

Drivers meeting will be held 15 minutes before the start of the race.

No Test Runs on track.

Driver may enter only once per class, Vehicle may have multiple drivers maximum
two.

Two mud run attempts per vehicle per entry.

Each run will be timed from starting line to finish line. Best time of 2 runs will be
used for placing.

Rules are by our interpretation of them not yours.

The Union County Fair Board reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone who is
deemed unsafe.

A 2 minute grace period will be adhered to from staging area to the starting line if
you go over the 2 minute time you will be disqualified.

No rails.

Pull out loops required on the front and rear of vehicle.

mangus580

baja_power said:
All breaks must be working properly.
Man... that's a good thing, cuz when your BRAKES fail, you sure as hell are gonna need a BREAK!!!

btw... I think its probably not the DOT approval of the tires so much as their description of what is not allowed.

Next time tell them you dint want to 'compete' you just want to run exhibition to see how it does, and for fun/show.

rmgill

Properly working breaks. Does that mean frame's can be cracked or have to be fully broken first?

Wouldn't the 4 wheel drive requirement be a minimum that was worded badly? ie no 2 Wheel Drive vehicles. And NDCCs aren't paddle tires.

baja_power

I laughed when i saw the breaks.. I was working with some real geniuses that day :cookoo: I tried to explain the NDT tires, but "they were on a off road truck.. So they weren’t street legal...” Its ok. Ill take my money else ware next time.

baja_power

$20 sign up fee and a hundred- something payback for first place.

I sorta wanted to get stuck JUST A LIL... it would be fun to watch them attempt to get it pulled out.

reblawyer

A cash prize huh? Sounds to me like you have been deprived of some fundamental rights here, want to throw some legal ease at them and force you way into next years run?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks