• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

...a STOLEN periscope..

L999here

Reluctently,after snooping around and asking about this,I must report that the top periscope on my FV432 APC was stolen during the MVPA Ropkey Museum meet in Sep. Someone unscrewed 3 of the 4 cap screws and then either broke the corner off the scope or jimmied it out,as the front left cap screw was still attached to the turret. I would ask that anyone who has info on this or can point me to the culprit will get a reward. The s.o.b. that took this piece did so in the dead of night and in the midst of all the MVPA campers in the immediate area. I will prosecute to the maximum limit of the law anyone who stole this periscope...probably several hundred dollars worth,if I can find another one. All leads will be reported to the proper police agency (ISP) and will remain annonymus. Emails are encouraged rather than posting any names of suspects. Any help in finding this periscope is appreciated. ****see 1/2/2011 post****

Last edited:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sorry to hear that about the stolen part.. i to have had a light mysteriously come up missing so i know the feeling .. you would never have thought that a friend would do that with others around but it does happen.

Blood_of_Tyrants

Unless you catch the thief red handed, the police are unlikely to do anything. There is no money in property crimes. They would much rather bust a dude for having a single joint in the car so they can seize his vehicle.

M920

Reluctently,after snooping around and asking about this,I must report that the top periscope on my FV432 APC was stolen during the MVPA Ropkey Museum meet in Sep. Someone unscrewed 3 of the 4 cap screws and then either broke the corner off the scope or jimmied it out,as the front left cap screw was still attached to the turret. I would ask that anyone who has info on this or can point me to the culprit will get a reward. The s.o.b. that took this piece did so in the dead of night and in the midst of all the MVPA campers in the immediate area. I will prosecute to the maximum limit of the law anyone who stole this periscope...probably several hundred dollars worth,if I can find another one. All leads will be reported to the proper police agency (ISP) and will remain annonymus. Emails are encouraged rather than posting any names of suspects. Any help in finding this periscope is appreciated.
Man....That is really amazing to me....WTF!!!! I feel extra bad because it would appear that the person might actually own a FV 432 or similar..... aua
Now you said "top periscope"....would that be one from the turret? I know that the drivers or the commanders cupola periscopes don't have cap screws....Do you have a pic of what it looks like?.... I have some good connections oversees and might be able to help you find one....

Soni

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
need to post some pics here as to where it went, a old pic of it mounted and a close up of it, I am sure it is not a run-of-the mill part, so anybody seeing one or saw someone carry one will know what thay are/were looking at

Last edited:

L999here

...pic's...

Trying to get the best shot I can of the periscope...

Notice the periscope on top of turret between the open hatch on the right and the turret body. It is similar to the ones on the Ferret...

Attachments

Last edited:

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
That was my first question also, who would take the periscope off a FV432 APC? If you owned one would you have the funds to buy one if its needed and if you just felt like stealing some thing why that? And to beat all at a MVPA meet. Good luck and im sorry to hear that it happend! , Jay

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably some kid (belonging to a MVPA member) who wanted to run around to his friends bragging that he had a piece off of a "tank." Like Bulldog said, not likely someone that actually owns one.

T

televisionman007

dude that is very low down. I thought everyone in this hobby were cool people. I guess we gotta have one bad apple in the barrel

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Yeah theres some low down guys in the hobby, I can think of a few myself. Just like anything theres always some bad guys. makes sence it was a kid though, would explain the randomness of it. -Jay

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Does not sound random because of the time and the WORK it took to get it and where it was, the chance of discovery (crawling on top of somebodies armored vehicle, even at night would be very risky because a sept. night is not that cold, so people are about) So this sounds like a TARGETED theft by someone wiling to take the risk and do the work

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
A piece like that would prob be hard to fence......would not be surprised if someone tries to sell it back to you after it passes through a few hands.

And like stated in one post...it may have been someone that just wanted a piece of history. Still, it takes a low down rat bastage to steal from someone.

Having been a victim of a low life thief that I met via SS I hope you catch the A-hole.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
That sucks!!!!! I had so much given to me at the GA rally. we have a great bunch of guys on here but it only takes one to ruin it!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Does not sound random because of the time and the WORK it took to get it and where it was, the chance of discovery (crawling on top of somebodies armored vehicle, even at night would be very risky because a sept. night is not that cold, so people are about) So this sounds like a TARGETED theft by someone wiling to take the risk and do the work
I agree with Ron...target acquired.

I also agree the perp is a sorry so-and-so, but he or she won't be caught i betcha.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I agree with Ron...target acquired.

I also agree the perp is a sorry so-and-so, but he or she won't be caught i betcha.
I don't know, being it can be used on a VERY small select MV group and NOT a easy item to find in the MV parts market, If the word is out and someone who didn't have the item, shows up with one, the news would get out, unless it is used on a MV that is hidden in a cave and never shown, LIKE NOT, really give me a break, who does not went to show there MV, so in my thinking, the item WILL surface, then its a matter of tracking down its supple line if the new owner bought it in good faith, the MV world pretty much sticks together

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks