• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WWII GMC Compressor truck

68427vette

i got it from bob from VOV, it came form the aslym, and was used after the war to dig graves, during the icy winters. to hammers its way throught the fronzen first 24-30 inches of dirt... kinda freeky.. the place was called Pilgrim Sate hospital West Brentwood NY - look it up..
http://www.omh.state.ny.us/omhweb/facilities/pgpc/facility.htm#history
. YES FREEKY and still open...

its a runner with 10,000 miles.. I may need some parts, are you selling yours? parts? jc

Last edited:

CatMan

CCKW Compressor Truck

A very nice truck. Looks very original.

They are a great piece of equipment. Does it have any or all of the power tools with it?

These trucks were a common item for many years around VA veterans homes that had military cemetary's for the same reason. Winter digging thru frozen ground.
The VA got them as surplus and they soldiered on for a long time on cemetary duty. They were all really low mile unit since they were not driven on the road.

They used to turn up more but I think they are pretty much out of the system now.

Give it a good home.

Also check with the guys over on the www.CCKW.org site for more photos and info on your truck

Cat Man
1945 CCKW Dump Truck

paulfarber

Looks like a good start.

Are the air tools still there?

ArmyCarsUSA has a complete (COMPLETE) air compressor truck... It would be worth your time to see about a visit (they hold several events a year).

Whats it look like under the hood?

68427vette

came with LOTS of NOS parts, and most of ALL of the equipment,, more photos to come, yes, she'll get a good home.. I will have her at the national convention in dayton this year,(45min away), along with several more trucks,, yes, kevin up north is a good guy!! (armycars)

jc

Monkeyboyarmy

Now that is a neat truck. Looking at your posts of other new acquisitions,looks like I might have to take a trip down to check things out. Can't get enough of the ww2 stuff.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck. They are heavy! So does Pilgrim have treatment for addictive disorders? Might need to swing by . . .

And what is all that white stuff in the pictures????

68427vette

stop on by!! columbus,

there's lots of armor, lvt etc,, its cold>>>>> hey TX, send some heat!!

YEA, i tried to get checked in for some of that shock treatments(1950's) but i had too much baggage.. lol

yeap, ive hit my head:

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice shop! You know things are getting out of hand when you start cocooning your trucks with parts. I would know. Have you calculated how many lifetimes of restorations you have lined up ahead of you? I am at about 4.

68427vette

well,, one life time, i'm young, semi retired, under 40.. and all my stuff is from out west, so most of it is easily restored,(no rust) about 2-3 per year, i have all the equipment, here, paint booths, lifts, sandblasters etc,,, so its a little easier to do, then living in a home owner association neighborhood...i just got to keep my nose out of the MOPAR muscle cars i have.......... that's an old photo..... also.......i ve change somethings around, added a professional paintbooth etc

yea, no one said US OD guys were all there....

M20 restoration:

M20 RESTORATION pictures by meatball427 - Photobucket

yea all those boxes are my friends 69 mustang interior parts,, we are fininshing a full resto on that... the continental 670 radials are for the LVT-4, i'm building another 80x100 in the spring...

Last edited:

68427vette

that one was a "land managemnet / border patrol up in Montana #3, 1 mile form the border, -19 degrees when i picked it up(ever had one of those feelings of WTF am i doing here, i did), "for official use only" 1950.

if dodge made it from 1939-1950, i most likely have one. truck wise.. i have some model versions, like the canopy express(its ruff), a factory PW drill rig(cool truck) export only PW navy ambulance..and way too many more. Dean dropped this off two weeks ago: upper western ND metal

1947 Dodge WD-21 pictures by meatball427 - Photobucket

i started with wwii dodges,, then it bled to ALL the dodges. short beds. long beds,, if you like old early dodge trucks,, its a little slice of heaven out here.. i'm just getting everything home this winter(well deans shipping them to me, hauler ## 1 909-996-2710) anyhow, some of my stuff, will be left original,, i like the older patina, the green pickup, ive already bought better straight fenders for, and new tires,, and going to drive as is condition!!! even comes with a block heater..LOL

LOVE THEM!!!

68427vette

yeap, i'm wiping it off with diseal, or pb blaster,, its will get a full dust off with the sandblaster in the spring.. i'll be banging out all the dents this winter,, and getting it inside soon.. it will be a fun truck for display at teh local airshows and future museum. Bob's a great guy!!

Monkeyboyarmy

Curious of where the lvt came from. I picked one up here 4 miles from the house. Was used after the war to clean out a private lake after they drained it. It was given to me so you can immagine what condition it's in. It needs final drives first off. Can't wait to meet you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks