• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ford snowgo

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post pictures, not links please.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes, we want pictures posted here, not linked here

tm america

I use to have a 1948 ford f6 marmon harrington conversion..It was ordered for the gary airport..It had a wopping 3000 miles when i got it.It was one of the rarest trucks i had ever seen let alone be able to own it for a while..Most marmon harrington conversions were snowgos like the one you posted.. To find one that came from ford with a dump box and plow that was converted by marmon harrington for ford was a neddle in a haystack..My uncle had owned it since the 1960s ..It was all origanal to...i will see if i can dig up some pics

68427vette

yea, the ford 4x4 trucks were ways cool,, like the chevy NAPCO (is that right???) in the 50-60's?
this ones a runner, i have NOT fired up the snow blower attachment, its off for now...
i do alot of Airshows, and do WWII displays for the Museum we are trying to build, so having alot of "runway" euqipment to put by the bombers is WAY cool,, plus the owners/ pilots, fans of the show, have something to look at between air flights,, the dayton airforce museum is 45 min away, and rickenbacker is 15min away, from me, and bolton field, is 3 miles away, and always has a wwii bomber there. giving rides.(they stop there between big shows) love to see photos!! love the old iron!!

tm america

Awsome truck my friend.. Keep it all together and you will be surpized how much they sell for.....As far as i have seen they were all the yellow color ..althought i think the army did have some they painted to thier colors after the fact

M920

Sweet truck! Can't wait to see it all fixed up.....make sure you keep us posted with lots of pics!!!

Here is it's big brother....an 1945 Oshkosh with the Sidcar blower attached. Unfortunately the cab has been changed out by the Air Force in the 1970's, during a rebuild, to a more contemporary style...:roll:

This machine is rated at 3000 tons/hour!!! As you can see by the pics....IT CAN DEFINATELY HANDLE DEEP SNOW......!!!!

Soni

Attachments

Bighurt

Sweet truck! Can't wait to see it all fixed up.....make sure you keep us posted with lots of pics!!!

Here is it's big brother....an 1945 Oshkosh with the Sidcar blower attached. Unfortunately the cab has been changed out by the Air Force in the 1970's, during a rebuild, to a more contemporary style...:roll:

This machine is rated at 3000 tons/hour!!! As you can see by the pics....IT CAN DEFINATELY HANDLE DEEP SNOW......!!!!

Soni
Soni, supprised you don't have running gear on that. I bet its easier cheaper and more economical to run the Oshkosh than the Rotary assuming it's still operational.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that on the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic? Man, I would love to have that job.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When i went to school in Utica New York, there was one of those up by the sangertown mall way out by an old equipment shed. I called the mall and asked about it to see who owned it and if it could be bought. It had the same cab as my 1940 Ford Street rod and didnt look all rusted out. it had a flathead V8 in it and only had about 3000 miles also. The rear engine was made by allis chalmers or one of the companys they were associated with. i forget the exact name. seems like it was only four letters long. but anyway, it looked really neat. i went back later in the semester and it was gone. who knows where it went.

68427vette

yes, those are factory lights relocated to the top, ford flat head, and some got the straight 6, motor on rear(snow blower drive) is an IH red daimond, monster,, same used in IH halftracks, and many larger IH KB7, KB8, KB11 bigger trucks, of the 40-50 era, runs great!!

man, i'd love to live in salina ks, LOTS of good iron out your way!!! do you have any land? i come through there all the time,, jc

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks