• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found: 3 Models of Trailers 1/35 Scale

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haven't bought any magazines lately but IIRC Miniman Factory makes an M101 trailer (along with a couple of CUCV's) along with some trailers for 6x6 tractors. Another company that has a lot of great resin kits of 6x6's and trailers (from WWII on up) is a company called Real Model. I have some of their conversion kits and all I can say is WOW! The link below is for an online hobby shop. Their web store will let you break down the listings by manufacturer. One thing I like with these guys is if they are out of stock of something you can set a request to be emailed when it is back in stock. I've placed over a dozen orders with them and all have been perfect.

Sprue Brothers Models Home Page

Ruppster

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Hobby Fan is another great compeny, I have a M911, the 60t trailer,and a M984a1 (Hemtt wrecker} conversion kit, a few more in the shop

Trailer Kit Information 1/35th Scale for M35A2's

Please post the info! I'd like to have trailers for my scale models!
Here we go SCSG-G4, The magazine is titled: Scale Military Modeller International and published by SAM Publications, American subscriptions can be made thru : sarah@sampublications.com or you can call them at 1-800-438-5005. The issue I was looking at in Hastings (Probably Barnes and Noble) also is: Volume 40, Issue 477, and is $7.99. The trailers are in an add on page 10 and their website is: Perfect Scale Modellerbau - Index, and they list the M105 Cargo Trailer, the M 149 Water Trailer, a M981(Academy Kit) and an Ammunition Trailer as well as others. I have not tried any of the sites I mentioned in this post so let me know how you come out. I will try today to see if I'm sucessful in ordering a trailer for my 1/35th scale M35A2 AFV kit. Hope this information helps. It seems to be a nice magazine for military modelers. If anyone else has some information on this hobby please share it on this forum. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! elkhunter aka Walt PS: Hope this info works out for those interesred.

Last edited:

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks! Hadn't seen that one. Love the Gama Goat and the M51 recovery vehicle. Also, SMMI is a great magazine. They cover a lot of off the wall kind of stuff.

Thanks again for sharing that info. Sent some rep points your way too. :)

Ruppster

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's the one downside with resin. Resin gives a lot of great detail but since resin parts are cast by hand and not machine the labor cost are on the high side. But if you are looking for a rare item a high priced resin kit is better then no kit at all.

What I hate is shelling out $200-$300 for a resin truck kit only to have it come out in plastic a month or two later for $50. :)

Ruppster

That's the one downside with resin. Resin gives a lot of great detail but since resin parts are cast by hand and not machine the labor cost are on the high side. But if you are looking for a rare item a high priced resin kit is better then no kit at all.

What I hate is shelling out $200-$300 for a resin truck kit only to have it come out in plastic a month or two later for $50. :)

Ruppster
I agree with you Ruppster! At least it's an option thats available. Better than nothing! elk

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ruppster
Hey, if that works would you mind going out and buying 1/35 resin kits of the M813, M920, MTVR, Bedford MJ, and MAN 630L2AE?? :p

A company named Bilek makes a basic but nice plastic M101 in 1/35. Mine came from the Czech Republic I think, cost the equivalent of around $11.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks