• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new HO scale deuce model

gunboy1656

They have been out for quite a while, I have about 6 of them I bought back in 2005. Very detailed trucks.

If you go on epay, and search roco minitank, you will find the first run trucks. I will have to find the pics of the trucks I did.

runk

So I guess this is just a new run, we both looked last Christmas, and couldn't find any (not even on epay). We found older ones (211 ? 135 ? don't remember now), but no M35A2s.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
herpa took over roco, eather reintroduced some, just kept on producing some, stopped making some, and added some new ones to the line

trident is another great maker of 1/87 green iron, there is a RUSSIAN 1/87 model maker that's has some nice Russian trucks, I have a tractor, ribbon bridge transporter and folding bridge transporter

gunboy1656

I think it was last year that Herpa took over for Roco. I spent a lot of money through Walthers on vehicles, I have the standard M35a2's, those gun trucks, a fuel tanker, UH1 helicopters, AH64's and a bunch of others.

The early production of "M35" is actually the CCKW352. Like I said go and type in roco minitank. and you will see usually about 8 pages of trucks. I sold a couple extra M35's that I had to some other members last year.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
search "minitanks" on ebay. there are lots of them.
or just ROCO
the M35s that I have are the current style, I even have one with the #7 wrecker kit,
I found that if you find the brand name in Walther's, then go to the brands web site, there will be a lot more listed then what Walther's carries,
also back in the 60s, there was a guy (ROSOKOSKY not spelled right) that had a line of 1/87 military that was very similar to roco, but FAR better, the SECOND roco production was with these molds after roco took his line over, the ORIGNALS are highly sought after

Last edited:

gunboy1656

Here are some of the roco stuff I have........

I have yet to build the helicopters.

The 915 w/871 are from Trident.

Attachments

Last edited:

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that roco works too, but minitanks keeps everything military :)

also, ebay sometimes has cheaper prices, and alot of older sold out things that walthers doesnt have.

another thing is that for some little pieces of plastic there awfly exspencive.

Last edited:

runk

Gunboy1656,
My dad retired this year, and has been getting back into the trains. He likes to model the transition years - late steam, early diesel; so a model of my truck wouldn't be totally out of place (at least the frame and cab are ~1951). We've both looked casually for an HO model over the last year.

I like your w/winch ones.

gunboy1656

Gunboy1656,
My dad retired this year, and has been getting back into the trains. He likes to model the transition years - late steam, early diesel; so a model of my truck wouldn't be totally out of place (at least the frame and cab are ~1951). We've both looked casually for an HO model over the last year.

I like your w/winch ones.
My gun trucks have white stars on the doors, but do not come with winches. I just looked at them and realized I have 5 of those gun trucks.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I had found a site over in Germany that made an M125 10 ton cargo, but the link i have is dead now.

EDIT found link, does not show the M125 anymore, but does show the M123.
I think the site your talking about is UNITED FUN.COM, I have had that link on my desk top for years. I just googled and got it up(on my laptop), it shows both the 123 and 125 but not in production

Last edited:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Great, now I have to dig up a m818 and tanker trailer model to put on my desk!
check UNITED FUN. COM, I found just that last night, in fact when I saw it, your name came to mind, you will have to go though the different makers till you find the two models

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks