• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce ages 'again'!

martin

Hi
Sorry to go down this road again but it is important for me.
In the UK we have complicated licence/registration procedures.
On a normal 'car' licence you can drive any gross weight vehicle provided it was made before 01.01.1960 and it is not used commercially. Thus all deuces we have seem to have been made in the '50's!!!
The car licence covers gross weight up to 7.5 tons so that rules out the Deuce cargo although,exceptionally, a motorcaravan ( fixed bed,cupboards,cooker,etc) made from a Deuce would seem to be OK as it could no longer carry cargo to take it over the weight limit.
I have been advised that our licensing body has a list of deuce chassis numbers and are seeking out vehicles that have an incorrect age on their records.This may be a scare story but over here all details are computerised and the Government is always looking for ways to make our lives less enjoyable or more expensive!
I appreciate that there does not seem to be a list accessible to us but can anyone with a genuine '50's deuce tell me the format of the chassis number?
I am looking for a shop van .
Thanks,
Martin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks