• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bitten by a drill.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
All joking aside, please do yourself a favor and keep that boiled out with peroxide until you see the doc. Your nails trap some nasty critters under it and it looks like you might have given the critters easy access...

I've lost a many of nails. Hurts every time. Bet you feel your heartbeat in the nail huh?

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reminds me of when I lost my thumbnail to my M1. Throbbing is the worst part. Took a straightened out paperclip and drilled into the nail to relieve the pressure.

Josh

Ah. I braught myself to tears today. Took the dressing off to let it dry out a little. Snagged the nail on the edge of a doorjam and ripped it right off.aua

After that pain subsidedf (about an hour) it started to feel alot better since the pressure under the nail was released.

and for those who want pictures....

Attachments

deathrowdave

Destroyed one in the tail gate of a dump truck !!!! After a while it will be nothing more than a learning experience !!! (9 stiches , thin as a sheet of paper !!) aua

jamesfrom180

Was funny how this helped me out. Not more than two seconds after my own words posted here rang in my ears a drill bit slipped on some sheet metal and hit the exact spot I had just moved my hand away from. Glad to see you got the nail open though drilling a hole is a bit easier, but it sure helps to remove that pressure.

I work around drill rigs, and had a driller once tell me an open hand is a lost one. Funny how just 20 lb of steel can take something you are quite attached too.

I hope you feel better and it aint too painful over the holidays.

Scarecrow1

It is amazing the number of new words that you can make up when you screw up like that isn't it . Dont worry it will grow back good as new and then you can do it all over again :D

Lahti35

Holy smokes that hurts like **** when you rip a nail off.

I ran a blade type electrical connector under my thumbnail, in the front and out the back... just about passed out in the garage. Had to lay off the hobby for 2 weeks but got back out there again only to smack the same spot with hammer. ****ed if that didn't hurt worse. never knew how well your heartbeat could be felt in your finger.

The nail grew back but its funky now...LOL not like before.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Ever notice, once you hit a finger, you hit it about what seems like a dozen times more BEFORE it heals up

A

A/C Cages

Ever done this?
Getting boards screwed up on the wall to protect the windows from Hurricane Charlie. In a hurry also cause it was only 3 hours away.
Last Tapcon I had as I screwed it in popped out and I thought I dropped it on the ground, 3 of us looked on the grass and coulndt find it, I shrugged my shoulders and flung up my hands in a sign of (Oh well) and blood went everywhere.
I said to the others, I found the screw, it was stuck in my thumb. Well I didnt loose the screw after all.
Didnt hurt but couldnt stop laughing. the trail of blood flung up on both of them standing there. lol

Yes the nail will more then likely grow back, my thumbnail did.

jamesfrom180

After Charlie I worked in roofing that following summer down south. The area were two hurricanes came it at the same spot and then went to see you. Well lets say I've hit every finger, almost every way imaginable and ones you hit it once you'll hit it again. I wonder if the OP ever got his nail to grow back?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks