• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with installation

MASIC

I would like to install the following diesel fired heater into my M813.
60,000Btu heater.
National Item Identification Number
01-169-5159
2540-01-169-5159

National Stock Number
Item Name
HEATER,VEHICULAR,COMPARTMENT
I am wondering if anyone has the manual for this heater installation. This heater from what I was told is usually installed onto the wrecker 5ton. I’m guessing that there won’t be a proper installation guide to fit into the cargo area of my M813 but I’m sure that the great minds on this forum might have done this before or might have some good input or ideas with regards to this installation.
Any thoughts?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, it's a big one, certainly way over and beyond what's needed for a "vehicular compartment" IMHO. Even a little big for a van.
Do you have all accessories, fuel pump, control box, ducting etc? Lots of info posted in the past on these heaters and many -20 or -34 TMs will show the proper installation procedure.

MASIC

Well, it's a big one, certainly way over and beyond what's needed for a "vehicular compartment" IMHO. Even a little big for a van.
Do you have all accessories, fuel pump, control box, ducting etc? Lots of info posted in the past on these heaters and many -20 or -34 TMs will show the proper installation procedure.

I agree with the oversize but to give you an example it was cold a couple weeks back -33C = -27.4F and as cold as it was last year of -59c = -74.2 in late December early January. My truck has been running up north Alberta since the beginning of November and works like a ****!!!!! I am so not use to this cold up here in Canada!!!! And that is why I am going to install such a large heater. I plan on running this truck all winter without shutting it down. I have an endless supply of fuel and my repairs contracts for the oil patch is very promising!

This heater is currently configured in one piece on a frame for vertical mounting. It is the fuel fired heater mounted vertical attached to a frame that also supports a fuel tank. Between the fuel tank there is mounted a fuel pump, filter and fuel lines. Mounted On top of the fuel tank is the control box.

I think that I have to make a quick snap in type frame mount that will be bolted to the front wall of my bed and then run the exhaust out the side. Because the heater is mounted vertical the hot air side will be pointing downward towards the truck bed. I will have to make a diverter to allow the hot air be pushed across the floor of the bed. At the top of the kit frame there is a welded piece of round bar that will allow the heater to be removed when not needed.

MASIC

Gotcha, didn't see the geographical location in you first post...
I have an almost complete 60,000 unit if you should need parts.
Do you have the hot air side parts like the vent tube and nose cone? i also nee some of the exhaust parts. Call or text me and i will call back. 403 993-7560

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks