• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Top End Maintenance/Ol'Rusty 10 Ton

Dirt71

Just doing a little top end maintenance on Ol'Rusty. It had been running like a top, and I couldn't leave well enough alone and decided to put some Lucas Fuel Treatment in the tank and it started running like crap. As I said in an earlier thread I never pulled the carburator off the engine so I guess the fuel treatment went in and loosen up junk in the carburator. So along with other things that needed attention such as belts, hoses, radiator and adjusting the valves I'm going to send the carburator off to be rebuilt. I'm not so much worried about the way Ol'Rusty looks right now I just want it to run good.

Attachments

rlwm211

Where do you stow that 8 foot step ladder when you are on the road? Looks like it is a pre-requisite to actually checking anything on that truck!

RL

rat4spd

Are those engines in relatively decent condition usually? It's just, in all your threads, and videos, they seem to run and you don't take them apart. Are parts even available?

Dirt71

Are those engines in relatively decent condition usually? It's just, in all your threads, and videos, they seem to run and you don't take them apart. Are parts even available?
Yes I've been lucky with what I have so far, except the second M125 I got from Kevin Emdee had a stuck engine, but it came with a brand new engine in the can. The parts for these LeRoi engines are no longer available. Well today i finished taking off the rest of the top of the engine to get down to the exhaust leak in the cross over of the intake. I installed the plates I made for my other engine so I can degrease and pressure wash before I pull the valve covers to adjust the valves. Who knows I might just spray some paint on it as it goes back together.

Attachments

Dirt71

Before you know it your going to have the truck stripped to the frame for a restoration.
No, just making it where I can run it without any priblems for right now, but yes one day this truck is very worthy of a complete restoration.
Its about to be a new year and my biggest new year resolution is to finish my M125!!!!!:jumpin:

Dirt71

Degreased and pressure washed the engine and got some parts sandblasted and ready for paint. I couldnt stand not cleaning and painting something on this truck.:smile:

Attachments

Dirt71

Got the parts primed today I even primed the engine as most of the paint was gone after cleaning it. I forgot to mention how happy Ol' Rusty was when I rolled it in the shop.:D Its probably been since the assembly line that it's been under a roof!!

Attachments

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that is one nice truck.. one day ill grow up and can afford a biggie like that one.. keep up the good work is indeed the best thought on that truck project:grd: :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks