• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of the Studebaker US6

nattieleather

This is great keep up the good work and please keep us posted. I am very interested in seeing how you progress on the wood bed as there are not many wood beds out there and I can't wait to see how you put this one back together.

nattieleather

Loved seeing that big old flywheel spinning around. Next is trans and drive shafts and you'll be able to move it under its own power.... :) Keep up the good work!

lowrdrbird

Lets see for today there was alot of work done today on the cab.
Welded in the header bar on the drivers side.

Also mounted the transmission cover but still have some work to do

then it was onto the windshield this was fun

Also mounted the dash to see what it looked like fit really nice

Hooked up the parking brake today along with the NOS HI LO lever and the teeth for the parking brake is also NOS as i found alot of them

Then it was the NOS Steering Gear that I installed today

Only busted 2 knuckles today.. DARN STEERING GEAR!!! :( :( :cry:

Ken

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Man that was sweet!

I don't think there's a better feeling than driving a project under it's own power for the first time...even if it's not complete.:beer::not worthy:

lowrdrbird

Well a little of an update for you guys
here are the pics they say it better than words

now she has the cab mounted and it looks great..

some shots of inside the cab

Well went out and worked a little on her today.. Got the cab wiring in and started the connections. Went really smooth and looks to be done on Sunday. I hope to have the instruments in it also by then. She is really coming together and its going fast. Also installed a new rubber gasket for the cab air intake. Ran the engine a little bit to see how the gas pedal would work only small problem with it is when flooring the gas she has a little hesitation but then picks it up any ideas guys???
Well here are some of todays photos

All the wiring is original NOS that i have found. We found out the my truck did not come with the driving black out light (big one) but was later added on so we are doing the same thing and running a wire up to the light as a later motor pool upgrade.

Ken

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks