• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

16R21 Wheels and Tires

promodhotrod

I am looking for a pair of 16R21 wheels and tires, like those that came on the MK-17 RBU. In the process of grafting the front of a M916 to the MK17 and need the fronts to match the tandems. Anyone have any suggestions? I am also looking for another MK17 RBU but dont need a second crane, anyone sell or remove their cranes and want to sell the rest preferably with the towbar a-frame attached? Looking for new or like new condition.
Thanks
KJ

powerhouseduece

I have a brand new re-cap from the military, no wheels and only one tire. Would make a awesome spare. Free to good home, +shipping. I can't do anything with it other then hook it on the front of a tug and push stuff with it!

eldgenb

I think you would be better off replacing all of them with the 20" hemtt wheels or similar. The tires and wheels you are looking for are very rare and would be troublesome when it came time to replace them again.

promodhotrod

M1075-The front differential is getting 5.57 gears to match the RBU and an air locker. With this gearing and the taller tires I'm hoping to get some improved highway mileage with the lower cruise RPM.
PowerhouseDeuce-Thank you very much for that offer. Just checking to be sure your tire is the 16R21 Goodyear, not the R20 Michelin. If so let me know, I could pay you to paletize / load (if you would be willing) and I can have our LTL carrier pick up. It would be very nice to have a matching spare as opposed to a normal HEMTT tire.
Eldgenb- Thank you for that suggestion, if I didnt already have the four new Goodyears, or have to make the brake drum mods I would definately use the standard HEMTT rims and tires.

cea1

16 r 21

As it turns out I have 4 high tread used 16.00 R 21 Goodyear radial tires in nice condition at $150 each in Southern California. They can be seen on my website. I am sorry that I do not have any of the wheels and have not had any for some time. The 20 inch is more readily available and the tires appear to be the same size when mounted.

promodhotrod

Hello , thank you for the information everyone. Looks like I have found an excellent source for these tires and wheels. I will post their contact info after pickup, if the gentleman I'm getting them from would like me too.

Baja Bandit

I know where 8 like new 1600-21s are in Va., no wheels. About 5 hours from Bristol. I will see what they can be bought for and post tomorrow evening.

Baja Bandit

Dont shoot the messenger. Im sure offers would be considered. Shipping aint cheap and N.E. Tn isnt that far... Northern Pa now thats a ride from here. :beer:

promodhotrod

I wanted to update and close out this thread. A fellow SS member gave me the contact of Recovered Materials Incorporated in Alma Georgia. LTL carrier delivered my tires yesterday, and I couldn't be more pleased. 4 excellent tires and 2 rims for $300. The shipping was more than the tires and rims. If you need some ask for Leon, or PM me and I'll send you his phone number.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks