• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any Deuce Pro/Con lists by year or version?

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have been trying to find a decent break down of the good and bad qualities of the deuce by the different versions that were made. Which years are better, turbo or not, better engines, transmission, etc. I am sure my question has been answered before, but I have not found the magic search term to find the info yet.
Thanks,
EThan

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Forget years and look for a truck with the stuff you want. These trucks have een reuilt so many times you never know what year it is anyway (most of the time) Turbo/ non turbo, air shift, these are al your choices. There's really no bad year for a deuce.

Jones

Personally, I look for something that has a good source for readily available parts. Either for repairs or upgrades to that perfect truck (for you at least as everybody's tastes vary). Unique is always a crowd pleaser but not to the extent that it doesn't get driven and enjoyed because it's too fragile or expensive to fix. There are turkeys out there though they too have their fans; i.e. The 427 c.i. multifuel engines have definately got their share of problems and then some; I've never had an M135 or M211 that didn't have transmission troubles to give me grief. Had a HMMWV turn itself into a tiki torch with me in it and the warm spot I feel for them is not in my heart. I like the early 5 tons, but owners of M800 and M900 series 5 tonners sputter their tongues at me.
The list goes on, but you get the picture.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks