• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

114 H-34s for sale

ArtS

I recently joined this site to learn about trucks but found this section - just got done reading the HU-1E thread - Great stuff!

In case anyone is interested there are 114 H-34s (Sikorsky S-58 ) from most service branches and a few South Vietnamese units for sale. The owner has lost his storage lot and they will be scrapped sometime in February. I think they are $1,000. each (scrap price) in case anyone wants a project. At this price, they could be used as storage sheds...

Here is a link: Warbird Information Exchange • View topic - 114 Sikorsky H-34's up for sale

(I have no personal connection to the birds, besides wanting one and hoping others are interested in saving them...)

Regards,

Art S.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not really sure I believe this. I was at Jack's in the summer of 09. He talked briefly about the helos, said they were pending sale (and had been for a very long time) to a guy in the NW where a few had been shipped already. I am pretty sure he was getting ALOT more than 1K. I seem to remember 15-17K for a complete one. After meeting Jack I can't see him letting them get crushed for 1K ea. I am kind of wondering if just the few sent to WA are really the ones for sale.

13F10

Awesome.

I was thinking about what kind of labor would be involved in making one a road worthy RV.

Would provide to be a intresting venture should someone make a business out of that..

Scrapped UH34 Rv's... Hmmm.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks