• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake bleeding the easy way

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is brake bleeding a' la Kenny, after connecting the hose to the MC, just pump the sprayer 30 to 35 times and go about your business bleeding the brakes, one man style.
Works like a charm and no pumping of the brake pedal.
Thanks for suggesting it Recovry4x4!

Attachments

ida34

They make a similar setup especially for brake bleeds. They include a pressure gauge so you don't over pressure the system. I use it and it is great. I am going to make one for the deuce out of a sprayer. The one I have now has an end cap built on that fits newer ford master cylinders.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine has a pressure gauge. I tee'd it in when I built it. I also made sure to use a spray bottle with a pressure release valve. Here's a pic of the tee before I added the gauge and the other is an adapter to bleed trailers, M105 and the such.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ryan, I buy surplus by the gallon. Usually its $30 a gallon. That bleeder never opens unless I'm adding a gallon. I'm anal with the brake fluid. As soon as I crack my last gallon, I order more. I try never to get below a sealed gallon. Sam Werner used to sell it for $25 a gallon if bought by the case of 4. My next purchase will probably be there.

deuceman51

I'm sure this has been answered, but is it alright to use DOT 3 on the older trucks like the m211? I have my system pretty well flushed out and the manuals called for hydraulic brake fluid, but I would like to upgrade. Will dot 3 eat seals or anything that are older? I'm not sure what the difference between dot 3 and the older stuff was?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just had an extra one but you can use the existing cap. You can't install the cap while attached to the bleeder anyway. The MC cap has 1/8NPT threads so adapting to it is easy. They work flawlessly for sure.

Katch1

cool that lies in my near future and I was wondering just how it would all work, thanks for enlightening me. There is always an easier way, I just usually don't come up with it. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks