• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chevy V8 mated with a TF727 M880

67_C-30

Latest update: Put the Chevy motor up for sale, so ill just have to wait and see.

Kinda set my mind on a new 4barrel carb and a stroker setup, like the one 67_C-30 surggested Chrysler Stroker Kit 318 to 349 from RPM Machine

How much of the old 318 motor could i reuse ? (within reason)
The block, heads (unless you want performance heads) and all tin parts like the oil pan, timing cover, etc. That kit with replace the whole rotating assembly, so you won't need those. I'd but a 4 bbl intake and crab on it, especially if I did the stroker kit. I'd also put in a RV cam or if you want it a little hotter, go with a COMP Xtreme 4x4 cam. They add a lot of performance, but are still designed to increase to low end torque to move a heavy vehicle.

67_C-30

What about push rods, lifters and valves, assuming they arent bent or cracked?
You wouldn't want to put old lifters on a new cam, so I'd get a cam kit with them included. The pushrods and valves will be fine as long as they are not damaged. The stock valve springs would be ok with a lower lift cam, but if you order the biggest one in the book, you would want to upgrade the springs. I would stay with one the smaller cams with stock heads. The engine won't benefit from a cam that is too big when the heads won't flow enough to use the extra cam lift and duration. In fact, a cam that is too big will even make it run worse.

m880 unimog

i cannot stand by and see a dodge insulted with a' french' small block-KEEP IT MOPAR!-

here,s a deal-hire a van,or a small car,drive to london in england,i will swap your 'french 'small block for the real thing-this way you leave with one v8,you come home with 1 v8=no tax-i have a few 318,s around the place,and a 360 in big lumps-all these la small blocks will bolt right up to your TF727-SAVE THAT DODGE!

let me know.

Bacto

So today i finaly got my frame of to the blaster, alot of surface rust, but overall the frame is good and sound.
Also started on the rust repair on he cab, but that turned into a much bigger job than i had anticipated. The roof was completly gone over the passenger side a-post, where the roof meets the top of the window. and about 1/3 of the way around the edge of the roof.
What is the easiest way to take off the roof?
And wasnt there a UK site that had spare parts for M880's ?

Bacto

Progress Report from the Danish Dodge

Its been a long time since i updated the post so here goes.

Benn very busy with that car all winter, and now come summer i am busy earning a living by building a house.

Got started on the major amount of rust repair. And since i dont have anyone helping me, other than some advice from time to time, i had to learn how to weld.
So i called up a friend who is an former welder to show me the basics, so after a ultra short welding course, (point hot end towards metal, and wear a mask) i got started.

Using an old office at a friends former auto repair shop as my workshop. In case you where wondering, i cut a whole in the wall to get the thing inside.

First thing i jumped to, was rebuilding the front core support, since it wasnt really anything left of it. Also my first welding job ever, think it turned out pretty good considering the novice skills. :mrgreen:

After that i started on the cab witch looked in good shape, but turned into a pile of rust after the paint was removed. But after a lot of hours of cutting, bending, beating and coursing the metal into shape, i eventually ended up with a new floor in the cab.

Now the next job will be fitting the doors again and fixing the rust in them, and then its on to the engine.

Attachments

Last edited:

imbobbbb

Have you tried contacting anyone at chaosboyz.nl or dodgepowerwagonm880.com?They're in holland and from the pictures there seems to be quite a few m880s over there.I'm not sure if importing something from holland to denmark is cheaper tax wise but it has to be cheaper shipping wise.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks