• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 Picture Thread

Aswayze

Here’s a few of my recently purchased M882.

I got this one via a GSA auction in violation of my “never again by a *&$#^#)_!!! fire truck rule.

This one lived out it’s civil service life in Sharon, Kansas where, apparently, the sun never sets so the much maligned fire truck paint had faded to a nice even pink by the time it made it to me. The neighborhood little kids are always coming by and Denis the Menacing me and when a pack of them stopped by to see the new truck they naturally asked why I had a pink truck. I patiently explained the entire Army > DRMO > fire dept > GSA life cycle of surplus trucks, then explained why little trucks like this M882 were used for fire fighting etc etc etc. When another little girl came wheeling up on her bike and asked what was up, on of the other kids summed it up as:

“Allan bought a pink truck and named it Sharon”

Kids…

Good news is they did not do a particularly good job painting this one so I have mostly been able to just blast the red paint off with my pressure washer and as such it wasn’t pink for all that long. I've got some more prep yet to do on the cab end, I should have it all sprayed by the weekend. After that, I just need to do all the needed PMCS and track down a few more antenna mounts and she'll be ready to go.

Anyhow, here’s some picks of how “Sharon” is progressing so far:

Attachments

m880 unimog

my M890 -been resting a while:oops:-up on axle stands and the bed is full of v8,s and transmissions-really looking forward to having this back on the road-it just needs fresh gas and a battery,and it,ll fire right up, always has-i got the stock bumpers to go on there from my M884- the motor has had some nice parts a long time ago.
i had this truck over 16 years-it,s a keeper.:beer:

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Picked this M890 up a couple of weeks ago from the same place Aswayze got his, with low miles and a working fuel gauge. Just finished a 3 color Nato paint today. Missing the wiper arms and cowl but have a parts truck with them on it.

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Allan yours is looking premo, I need to borrow those stencils.

Last edited:

Wy-m880

nice truck tsstout, but i know that you probly got that one off ebay, probly paid 3x what it went for on that gsa auction 4 weeks ago right now there is a couple on there from OK right now, just wish some would pop up closer for me, like Nebraska or ID, but still nice ride2cents

tsstout

ummm... I've been shopping for 3 months.. The ones in OK were ... well... project trucks.... I personally needed a nice truck to take the heat off my RAM while putting me in a MV... slight cost difference 'tween the two trucks too....

You just missed a nice one nw corner of Nebraska... But it went for 3 times it's gSA sale price too... well at least that's my story.... ;) of course I'm sour grapes for not getting it....

Aswayze

I got mine cheaper but have been weeks of solid work to get it not quite as nice as the one Stout just bought so I am steady beginning to thing Stout took the smart route...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks