• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 Picture Thread

Wy-m880

Got 3 of those lol, need a guage bezel, more than anything and good glove box,a rear set of black out lights, and pintle but thats just on my wish list lol, i got a rust free bed if that helps anyone! :D, also have NOS Red oxide hood , and toole reman transfer case be glad to help someone:razz:

acmunro

Digging up an old thread. Has anyone tried a HEI style distributor in their 318 ? I see it was mentioned in an earlier post on this thread.
I have a friend who is working on a M880 and needs a distributor- his is missing by missing I mean its gone. Just looking for input - seems it would be a lot simpler. Thanks.

I have the Mo Par Electronic Distributor in my 1977 M882. It came that way from the guy that sold it to me. It works great. I don't know if he changed it from a points and condensor set-up or not, but the elctronic set-up works in the 318 and is still available from the dealer. (Or if you're handy, you probably can find one in a bone yard too)

jdmep

As lothe as I am to start another project I can't get the picture of the 880 near me out of my mind. I may pop over there this weekend and check it out.

Since diesel is headed into the stratosphere and I need a full sized truck (that is smaller than the deuce) I am considering the 880.

Did I read somewhere that these are full time four wheel drive?

That would make fuel milage suck....right?

If it is full time how hard is it to make it selectable?

I like the 318 and the idea of a truck without a lot of electronic crapola on it.

Are these trucks less prone to electrical gremlins than the Chevys?
Electric gremlins??? if you stick with the 24 volt system, very complicated.
converted to 12v Very simple my truck runs off of two positive wires
First wire energizes the coil, second wire engages the starter(push button switch in cab to starter).....12v simplified!!!

If my lights, radio and whatever else decide to give me problems, i flip a switch and hit the start button and a way we go,

headlights are just as easy to run a new positive wire from battery to a switch to the lights to ground..... very easy to get rid of any chance of any gremlin ever. run 1 new wire and a switch....

stonesoup

1977 m880

Typical life cycle: Army> Forestry Service> Fire Dept Brush Truck. Shows 27kmis, came with new tires, batt, and muffler. Paid $1200. I feel like I got a deal for what it is. Not sure what I'm going to do yet, repaint to OD or leave as is, time will tell. In the mean time I'm having fun driving it :)

Attachments

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This is from the DRMO at Ft Riley early 90's, KCclay and I were out looking a M416 trailers. All these 880's were lined up with the wheels off we asked the guy out there why, answer was they were to be crushed with the M151s! We were back out the a week latter to pu the trailers and they had been flatten and stacked ready to be hauled off. Wish I had the shelter mounts out of those now and the 416's we bought.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks