• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many ways does government liquidation suck let me count the ways!

jason@snakeriver

I agree KOOLEX, that we need to carefully tell each other about our good and bad experiences so that all can benefit.
PORKYSPLACE is calling us all a bunch of illeducated whiners, I am glad that he has it all figured out.
I have bought approx 6 five ton trucks from GL, so this is not my first rodeo, and have done my darndest to keep the bugs ironed out.
Going into Barstow I would not even think about sending a "first timer" "rookie" trucker in there to get the job done.
The guy I hire trucks for both BOYCE and IDAHO MOTOR POOL and is aquainted with the staff at Barstow.
I am sitting 2 states away and get a phone call stateing that procedures have changed and that I now need to hire a wrecker for $300.00 to $500.00 to get this guy out the door.
But I apoligize to PORKYSPLACE and admit that I function in the real world and the DOD and GL doesn't, and I forget that. There is no such thing as "competition" to give GL any incentive to improve service.
THe trucker give high kudos to Tim and the staff at Barstow for being nice people, but that their hands are tied.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have found that the (mis)management in AZ (not the ladies in the trenches) are just as concerned with my customer satisfaction now (after having bought over 30 vehicles and assorted other stuff) as they were when I bought my first deuce.:roll::roll:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree KOOLEX, that we need to carefully tell each other about our good and bad experiences so that all can benefit.
PORKYSPLACE is calling us all a bunch of illeducated whiners, I am glad that he has it all figured out.
I have bought approx 6 five ton trucks from GL, so this is not my first rodeo, and have done my darndest to keep the bugs ironed out.
Going into Barstow I would not even think about sending a "first timer" "rookie" trucker in there to get the job done.
The guy I hire trucks for both BOYCE and IDAHO MOTOR POOL and is aquainted with the staff at Barstow.
I am sitting 2 states away and get a phone call stateing that procedures have changed and that I now need to hire a wrecker for $300.00 to $500.00 to get this guy out the door.
But I apoligize to PORKYSPLACE and admit that I function in the real world and the DOD and GL doesn't, and I forget that. There is no such thing as "competition" to give GL any incentive to improve service.
THe trucker give high kudos to Tim and the staff at Barstow for being nice people, but that their hands are tied.
I you spent half as much time reading the ENTIRE listing as you did posting here you wouldn't have the problems you created for yourself , if you don't like GL buy form a dealer. All the Gl crap comes with that good auction price.

steelandcanvas

Ohhhh nnnooo
pleasssse don't beat me big brother I'm just a little sheep. All you I had such a wonderful experience guys are a bunch of torries. The only way to effect change in a broken system is to band together and demand change. There should always be a way of addressing greivances and the customer is always right. and if the public ( ie, auction buyers, citizens and consumers) do not complain then they get what they deserve. Any moron in government service would agree that once you have a EUC done you shouldn't have to do another on unless something changes on you application. Its just amatter of getting someone at DOD to listen and they wont listen to just one person.
They could just send all the trucks and trailers to the scrapper. Then where would we be? It's been said time and time again, GL is a crap shoot. Take it or leave it. I have never had a bad experience at GL, Fort Carson. Good folks there. We get in, claim our lots and get out.

Last edited:

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey!

Let's all hope for that perfect world!!

All together now!!

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's singing Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbayah

Someone's laughing, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's crying, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

:whistle:

Darn it! STILL problems!! Someone wasn't singing! Shall we try again?

One of these days we will all will be in Utopia! In the mean time... fill out your EUC application and don't forget your income taxes are due by April 15th. The IRS people are rude sometimes, too!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Hey!

Let's all hope for that perfect world!!

All together now!!

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Oh Lord, kumbayah

Oh Lord, kumbaya

Oh Lord, kumbaya

:whistle:

Darn it! STILL problems!! Someone wasn't singing! Shall we try again?

One of these days we will all will be in Utopia! In the mean time GL STILL EXIST... fill out your EUC application and don't forget your income taxes are due by April 15th. The IRS people are rude sometimes, too!
Just a ADDED slight TRUTH

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is a EUC really a big deal? What it takes maybe 10 days to clear at the longest after your first one. most likely a week. The form practically fills itself out for you on the GL web page.

Way back in 2001 my first EUC took nearly 8 months. I think they have improved a lot since then. A first timer is usually done within the 60 day period.

trukhead

I've dealt with Gl reps from WPAFG, the big whare house and the on base (big DRMO I thinks) whare house up the street. With nothing but the most sincere and finest service and help from them. Female MP asked me if I needed anything else after nothing but total courteous service and help, I mentioned If I got lost and was cryin like a baby , would she come and find me and hold my hand-she laughed. Ft Carson, Ft Jackson, Ft Polk and a big one in CA using a third party shipper no less and have met with understanding and communicative GL reps and the Gentleman at the DRMO in Jefferson City MO - somewhat gruff but total helpful and friendly and accommodating. And last but not least Sparta and McCoy. The GL reps and the front office personnel on post are the greatest, VERY helpful! I have proposed to Heidi on GL chat cause she was so understanding and helpful about EUC, and other general. She’s married but still my hero. Other GL reps have been equally helpful in correcting a mistake on their part and other questions as well.

When dealing with Gl Reps on the base, I’ve found what works for me is:
Know your lot number and event ID.
BE TO THE POINT, Roger (and the other GL reps don’t screw around but are very knowledgeable and VERY helpful,
Read the base load out rules and ask Gl reps if you need any clarification,
Have your third party shipper information right and ready to go,
Have your loadout for third party appointment ready and ask GL if they have had any experience with your shipper and will load out if the shipper only gives 4 hour windows,
Be to the point-they are there to help you not chat,
If you are having problems listen to them , not bitch at them, they're in control,
Have your shipper info in order, GL is not there to do it for you!,
Read the base rules and know them-period-end of story!
Think about anything else that will make your recovery smooth and ask the GL rep if it will fly-they’re the boss as well as the base is the boss-period!!

My experience with GL is like a story book fairy land filled with rainbows and unicorns, fluffy kittens and nuzzling puppy dogs and moma’s kisses and apple pies!

Just sayin, don’t screw with them…. :grd:

iamhere

I got to say, I have bought a number most likely 40 pallets of equipment through GL, and with the exception of not ever being able to reach anyone for an appointment to pickup at OKC, I have always been pleased with the experience. Locations in MO, OK, KS. OKC I just go there and they work me in very quickly.
When I did inquire about the loadout appointments through GL corp office, I quickly was talking to the manager at OKC, and she gave me her cell number, as well as telling me just to show up in the future.

KansasBobcat

Just got home from Ft. Hood after picking up a second M1101 trailer. Called site people after getting pass toget on post. Andrew met us at LZ Phantom and led us to trailer. Assisted usand was very polite and helpful. I am a new guy to GL but did many buys from DRMO Ft. Riley years ago and never had any problems. Maybe it is the site that is the problem. Politeness pays off!

FloridaAKM

Being a new guy on the block to buying from GL was a different animal than other auction sites, mostly because of being Government affilated. A few dozen pallets & three trailers, doesn't make me anything but a newbie, but all the GL folks I have had to deal with in Florida, Georgia & Oklahoma were people trying to make a living & dealing with John Q Public. They were helpful with the process of equipment removal & basically did their jobs. There was no real problems with anything I purchased, so no beefs on that level. If I continue to buy from GL, I will probably get a bad deal due to some unforseen problem on my/GL's part. Latter 2014 prices are getting to be insane, but that is a scope of a different level

nordictom

I am new to the SS Forums so PLEASE don't flame me...........:)

I have only dealt with GL at Barstow, Mechanicsburg & Travis AFB, mind you, I don't buy big items (5 ton etc) (Wife says NO!).

I have never had an EUC issue, in fact I think the longest I ever had to wait was 3 days. As far as the onsite staff, my Dad told me in person the staff at Mechanicsburg were great with him, Barstow has never given me a problem & BIL pick up at Travis (BTW he was stationed there) with no problems.

It has already been said,..............I'll say it again "you get more with honey they you do with vinegar"

NT

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks