• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many ways does government liquidation suck let me count the ways!

largeboar

1. if you talk to a person they have no authority
2. If you have problems with your EUC your screwed.
3. No one at corporate GL cares if your a satisfied customer.
4. DOD doesn't care about your GL purchasing experience.
5. Your Representatives don't care about the ridiculous EUC requirements.
6. GL will not take responsiblilty for their rediculous time deadlines and DOD
EUC processeing backlogs.
7. After you get one Euc you have run the guantlet for each additional
EUC.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
EUC.
Just buy private party.

hdexpert

Lets not forget the 25% fee if you refuse a lot you won. Doesn't matter if they completely screwed up, more than likely they're gonna charge you or suspend your account till you pay.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suppose I'm in the monority. knock on wood but I have never had a real bad experience with GL. I have been buying since 2001. The worst was a truck that had the radiator pierced by a fork lift after the sale closed. It was not GLs fault as the GA national guard was the guilty party. Filed a claim with GL and got my $$$$ refunded.

Your mileage may vary maybe I have been lucky.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
EUC.
but for every bider they run off ther's 5 new ones to bid and they are the sole seller . If you don't buy from them someone else will . So it leaves you 2 choices deal with there crap or pay more to a middleman hopefully with less agravation but not always

yamabro

The only problem i've had so far was " To Hurry Up And Wait" for a whole year on a EUC to come thru so I could pick up my M35a2 W/W. Well I take that back, I got SCREWED out of a nice ammo trailer that had to be immediately migrated back to the government

wsucougarx

Is it just me or has this forum turned into a drama soap opera lately. :roll: Wondering if our ranks are turning into a bunch of cheesy women complaining around the coffee table. Buck up guys!

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used to think that these "whinge fest" threads were designed to scare off the competition at auctions.

wsucougarx may be onto a more accurate explanation of the whinge factor.

Maybe we all have been affected by the world economic climate and are all a little testy???

Who knows.

Rick

paulfarber

EUC.

1. Not uncommon, lots of places don't give out authority willy-nilley. Considering GL doesn't OWN THE PROPERTY, its just an auctioneer, what 'authority' should they have?

2. GL doesn't control EUCs. They do have to submit paperwork, but again, they hand off the process to the gooberment. Where is the Battle Creek hate?

3. Work in a customer facing job as you'll see how stupid the average person is. Remember the guy who recently wanted $1000 for a flat tire, PLUS a new tire, PLUS the trailer for free? How do you make that person happy and still stay in business?

4. DoD kills people and blows **** up. They are not the Dept of Happy Customers. You are buying items deems to old, or to bad to fix economically. Be happy you have that chance.

5. Buy a gun, or a class III gun, or get a passport... way more onerous requirements than an EUC.

6. GL does not control the EUC process, I was surprised they at least checked for errors before sending it off. EUC is NOT A GL REQUIREMENT. Its a GOOBERMNET ONE. Blame the right people.

7. EUCs are not a GL requirement, they are a gooberment one.

It seems that you are just looking for a place to cry. You know full well how the process works, and I can think of no other Federal Gooberment process that DOESN'T take eons.. where papers magically fly off to a mythical gooberment address and may/may not reappear for weeks / months.

If you want to avoid the EUC process buy private... but we both know that's a $1000-$1500 'privilege' that flippers charge for.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suppose I'm in the monority. knock on wood but I have never had a real bad experience with GL. I have been buying since 2001. The worst was a truck that had the radiator pierced by a fork lift after the sale closed. It was not GLs fought as the GA national guard was the guilty party. Filed a claim with GL and got my $$$$ refunded.

Your mileage may vary maybe I have been lucky.
I must be in the minority as well. I have only had very positive experiences with GL. Especially with their on-site reps, and this at a lot of sites.

jaxsof

My experiences with them have been mixed. If an EUC was involved, it wasn't pretty, however, the local guys all seem to be great, dedicated worker-bees. I just cant seem to figure out two things. First, why GSA doesnt require one for the same item, and Second, why every branch of the guberment accepts that I had to be a citizen to get a passport to begin with(much less a red one) yet GL thinks my citizenship expired with it. Now, DLA (DRMS) accepts that I am a citizen, GL just wont forward the EUC to them! rofl

sterlun

"3. Work in a customer facing job as you'll see how stupid the average person is."

:ditto: I despise retail and I hate dealing with the public. :evil:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks