• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uses for Deuces

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A buddy of mine from work called the other day and told me his truck broke down just outside of town. It died in a spot where the tow truck couldn't get to it because of the snow/drifts so we hooked up the tow strap but the problem was the truck was completely dead, only thing that worked was the dome light. Couldn't even shift it into neutral!:shock: So we ended up dragging the truck with it in park to a location where the tow truck could get to it. I sure hope we didn't damage his truck but it was his idea to drag it like that. Truck was a 2017 F150.

View attachment 755758View attachment 755759View attachment 755760
Good to see the flashers up there...we need to be seen.

HDN

I actually spent a couple weeks reading this entire thread in anticipation of getting my first deuce. Nothing but inspiration in here! The first thing I did after picking it up was load it with stuff from my house for the big move!

20191026_140214.jpg
20191026_160228.jpg

Then the following Wednesday, I got it inspected and drove it to the office, taking care following company procedure and backing the vehicle in.

20191030_125030.jpg

The driver of the car I parked next to remarked how small and unimportant my deuce made his ride look :grin: My boss was wondering if I was going to take it on site visits located in East Jesus!

Last edited:

fpchief

I actually spent a couple weeks reading this entire thread in anticipation of getting my first deuce. Nothing but inspiration in here! The first thing I did after picking it up was load it with stuff from my house for the big move!

View attachment 781534
View attachment 781533

Then the following Wednesday, I got it inspected and drove it to the office, taking care following company procedure and backing the vehicle in.

View attachment 781532

The driver of the car I parked next to remarked how small and unimportant my deuce made his ride look :grin: My boss was wondering if I was going to take it on site visits located in East Jesus!
That is a clean looking A3!!!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

HDN

Nice! If I had a winch-equipped truck I'd want the A-frame for it too!

In the manuals I've read, it seems the cab top needs to be removed for the A-frame cables going to the rear of the truck. Having not seen this setup in-person, can that be adjusted so the cab top can be left on?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I miss that truck! It still looks great! I do like the front hoist, thought of doing that more than once.

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It’s been a pretty good truck- Lots of veterans have ridden in it and it’s not let me down as long as I keep up on the maintenance!

rustystud

I do like the front hoist, thought of doing that more than once.
Totally agree ! I could use that to move around the heavy engine blocks and transmissions and transfer-cases around here. As it is I have to get my son and the heavy duty hand-truck for the transmissions and transfer-cases. The engines need the neighbors tractor . He can only help on certain days though. So I can only work on his schedule which sucks. With that front hoist I could move anything by myself !

It would be nice to have some pictures showing how the stay cables are attached to the truck. Do they need something to hold them off the cab roof ? Or do they clear it ? Can they be adjusted to raise the boom ? Maybe attach a small electric winch to them ? I suppose it could be done even if the stock configuration doesn't allow it.

Found the answers to most of my questions from "CattleRepairmans" post.
Thanks !

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks