• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uses for Deuces

91W350

When the little town of New Cambria flooded and the Smoky Hill River was about two miles wide in the river basin, the water got higher than expected. Two deuces drove into the flood and loaded up the citizens and hauled them out. Staying out of the ditches was the big problem, the water was moving, but not so fast. The adjusted their deuce paths by the power poles. They made several trips in and out, anybody that wanted to leave could and most did. The sheriff was so impressed, he picked one up for the sheriff's office. They found one locally that the Airport Authority has been keeping in dry storage for many years. It is super nice, but really could stand to have every flex hose on the entire truck replaced. It would look much better at my place. Glen

Attachments

maynard83

Used it to help our High School Dance Team collect donations so they could send care packages to members of 3/5 (3rd Battalion/5th Marines) from Camp Pendleton who are currently deployed in Afghanistan. After the event we loaded up all the packages and dropped them off at the Post Office.
It helped collect a lot of donations for these Marines.
Semper Fi

davidkroberts

ahhhh Oceanside makes me want to get my "beat me up jacket" hang my dogtags outside my shirt and hang out at the mall.

best use for a deuce ive heard so far, toys for tots is running a close second

colelkhunter

don't forget deer hunting. You could pull it out in the middle of a field with the top and bows on it to shoot from. OR you could just ride around on rural roads at night and wait for one to jump out in front of you. Either is effective. With the road hunting, don't shoot anything that you don't hit with the deuce first. Not my rules. Might scratch the paint on the bumper so be prepared for a field expedient paint repair.

Brad Nitzke

Mine is sitting at my friends house (a.k.a the guy that bought it for me. :grin: (thanks mark austin)) cuz we dont have the papers for it yet and i lust turned 16 in Dec. and cant drive yet. :| :(

firefirefire90

Used it to help our High School Dance Team collect donations so they could send care packages to members of 3/5 (3rd Battalion/5th Marines) from Camp Pendleton who are currently deployed in Afghanistan. After the event we loaded up all the packages and dropped them off at the Post Office.
It helped collect a lot of donations for these Marines.
Semper Fi
About a month or two ago they lost 17+ men in the month. I'm sure that boosted moral!

AceHigh

OK, here is today's Great Adventure! I have a home that has sagging floors, and the main beam underneath is giving way. So, I bought a 20 foot i beam (400 pounds) and used the deuce to haul it the one hour trip. Then I put the deuce on the other side of the home, ran the winch cable under the home and pulled the beam into place. Overall a very smooth operation until I tried to drive out. So, now I have a yard to repair in the spring. No big deal.

Pic of the beam where it goes under the house, the deuce in place to begin the pull and the remains of the yard. Also a photo of the existing "bad" beam.

Attachments

AceHigh

I should also mention the A3 (tan) in the background of pic 3, behind the pine tree, is also serving! It is a portable dumpster. We are gutting the house so everything goes in the back of the deuce. At the proper time it will take a trip to the landfill. Very happy I have my trucks. :jumpin:

maynard83

About a month or two ago they lost 17+ men in the month. I'm sure that boosted moral!
Yes it does help morale a lot, especially since they are eating primarily MRE's and UGR's aside from being in that **** hole called Sangin.
3/5 is the unit were 2nd Lt. Robert Kelly was killed by a roadside bomb while leading his platoon on foot patrol back in November. He was the son of Marine General John Kelly and is the only son of a General to have been killed in combat during this war. He was one of 9 Marines KIA during a 4 day period.

Akicita

Picking up dirt, hauling it home, spreading it where needed.
Pciking up large orders of dog and cat food.
"Mulching" sticks and small branches.
Delivering donations to Military Order of Purple Heart.
Every trip to the Home Depot even it's just for a toilet tank flapper ($3.95 last week) 'cause people there always like to look at the truck.
Also took it to work a few times.

Attachments

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used my to support PGR events, make lots of wondeful noise and contribute to global warming, which I'm failing miserably. Instead of warmer, it keeps getting colder! It was 13 degrees when these photos were taken.

Attachments

Bigred77

i use mine to haul my1100gal water tank for my water service. haul fire wood, pick up chicks, pull out stuck tractors and semi's and just to drive to work somedays.:D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks