• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uses for Deuces

adamblatchford

Gosh,
Where do I start.
I did the same, set up the party platform in the back, but at a Fireworks show at the docks in Barnegat, NJ. It was quite funny seeing everyone's reaction. Set up the Grill & chairs in the back, sit back & relax with a nice cold beverage. :lol:

I've also moved a house - that was quite an experience. I have that on video and a few pics. I'll have to post once I learn how to do that. (New to the site)

And of course the usual, bail my friends out when they get stuck wheeling their trucks. I've lost count the amount of times I got a phone call in the middle of the night. 'Dude, can you come help me, I'm stuck".

Great stories, great ideas!!!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gosh,
Where do I start.
I did the same, set up the party platform in the back, but at a Fireworks show at the docks in Barnegat, NJ. It was quite funny seeing everyone's reaction. Set up the Grill & chairs in the back, sit back & relax with a nice cold beverage. :lol:

I've also moved a house - that was quite an experience. I have that on video and a few pics. I'll have to post once I learn how to do that. (New to the site)

And of course the usual, bail my friends out when they get stuck wheeling their trucks. I've lost count the amount of times I got a phone call in the middle of the night. 'Dude, can you come help me, I'm stuck".

Great stories, great ideas!!!
The West Texas Detachment of the SS welcomes the new guy from NJ :) Now that you've teased us, we'll ALL be nervously awaiting that VIDEO :drool:

W E L C O M E aboard :driver:

O.D. Fever

Well I found out what not to use a Duece for. I hauled 4 glass dispay cases yesterday and with the bumpy roads and stiff suspension, one did not make home alive. The large glass top shattered on some bad bumps at about 25 miles an hour. Mabie if I had taped the top it might have helped.:-(

adamblatchford

Sorry ladies & gentlemen, I'm a little upset to learn my wife never saved the pics & video of the big house move
from the last time our computer crashed (what a piece of junk this pc is). Sorry, I know, doesn't that stink!:sad:
But let me tell you, the truck didn't have any problems pulling it was so ever, it was the hitch .... The hitch just
couldn't withstand the weight, but after a few tries, it was moved - not far of course, could
you imagine (it was a side job, I got hired for... ) I moved it about 4 blocks.
The amazement on their faces at that job site. :beer:

SMOKEWAGON66

im gonna run things over....go camping...haul things...and have fun ;) thats what i bought it for....and any other side jobs that creep up...im always up for helpin out. except moving...i hate moving lol....and ppl only seem to call me when they need help moving...

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some heavy woodworking machines that I'll hopefully need to move someplace other than Tucson...total of about 8-9K#. At the same time I'll have to haul the boat shown below. The deuce provided a low purchase cost and a surprising amount of fun, compared to a used 1-T diesel p/u. In addition, it's as a heck of a conversation starter in my somewhat sedate, but extremely tolerant and forward-thinking neighborhood.

Pics are from recovery of USN 26MW6516 from Florence, Oregon...just before the storm hit the west coast in late November. Trip was pretty much a breeze, except for the crummy 24-v drag lights falling off the trailer w/in the first 150 miles. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me! Think I'l mount deuce tail lights on the trailer.

Pics are: recovery start; Walker Lake, Nv pit stop; hooked up in Florence; 10-hub check stop; winery stop; and running conditions.

Attachments

Last edited:

tractorpuller1

I use it for putting in doggie fences. I pull a burying bar with the winch in hard to reach areas.

I use the battery jumper wires to inject amperage into the loop wires of the fences to fix partial wire breaks.

I disk plowed fields

I haul fire wood.

I haul my Ural Patrol motorcycle to the farm.

I use it to chase snowmobiles off the farm.

I use it to pump up flat tires in the fields

I have winched fallen trees out of the way.

I use it to crush snow piles.

I use it as a dry rifle rest in the rain.

I use it's search light for mobile illumination at night.

And grocery shopping.

Attachments

Always great Deuce Uses, "What cant you use them for?" seems to be the general consensus.

Last night I used mine to extricate a truck from a snow covered embankment. Ended up being too much for a couple of shear pins, but I was able to get it out. Gotta love a job where they pay you by filling your tank and giving you a six pack!!! :beer:

tractorpuller1

When people like my father in law ask: "What are you going to do with THAT thing?"
I say: "What am I NOT going to do with it." :twisted:

I also makes a great entrance to my son's school when I take him in when the bus is late on snow days!:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks