• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"Deuce and a half or Half a Deuce?" I am new

Diesel Inside

Hi I am new to this hobby and am looking for some advise from knowledgeable deuce owners. Here is what I am contemplating, I either want a bobbed one or a stock one with the singles and 46''??? I think not sure if they will rub or not off road.

I dont want the truck to be a daily ride but would the extra work of bobbing it make it more benifitial in off road situation enough to benifit the work.

Also, does a bobbed duece do better off road since its lighter or would the 6x6 do better. Also can you put the bigger tires on the stock wheels?

*I have been reading through these posts here but just wanted some advice.

KsM715

6x6 offroad only depends on what type of terrain you want to run in. I can tell you the local ORV near me would be no fun at all in a full sized deuce. Wide open field with small hills, ruts and mud, sure 6x6 would be better.

Diesel Inside

And I forgot that I only want one huge truck to have simply as a toy ha, yeah I would prob leave it 6x6 but I dont know the bobbed ones can look so good. How hard is it to move the battery boxes and fuel tank to bed? I think on a bobbed one this is what I would want with cutting the front fender down and sculping the front bumper down. Also does dropping all the weight and 1 axle pep them up pretty good enough to be able to actually drive it unlike a tractor? I know this depends on the engine and whether its turbo or not.

And what is w/w and all that jive?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Bobbing is not a job for the faint of heart and thin of wallet unless you have excellent fab skills, a good shop and some expert design input.

A butcher job will get you or somebody else killed.

Next best thing is a standard deuce with super single radials up to about 395's.

I'm bi-deuceual.....I like bobbers and stock trucks.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bobbing is not a job for the faint of heart and thin of wallet unless you have excellent fab skills, a good shop and some expert design input.

A butcher job will get you or somebody else killed.

Next best thing is a standard deuce with super single radials up to about 395's.

I'm bi-deuceual.....I like bobbers and stock trucks.
WM Woud you have admitted being bi-deuceual when "Don't ask, don't tell" was if effect? :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks