• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tanks etc from Ft Knox

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I have to tell you Larry, just walking around your holding yard was more impressive than what we walked through at Benning. A true pleasure meeting everyone there.
I'm very proud to be part of the CAMO Crew mkcoen.:grin:

If we could just get someone to donate 90 million dollars (like the Infantry Museum raised) we could do some serious MV stuff!!:drool::drool::drool::drool::jumpin:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The Old Bear and me have our friendly rivalry but I can say that I have met very few people that are as commited to honoring veterans and their families as him and the CAMO crew.

PB will also go above and beyond to help a soldier if he is down. But that is what us old NCO's live for....taking care of our soldiers.

I miss my soldiers every day and I'm sure PB does too.

Varyag

I was at Knox in '98 (D co 2/81 AR, 1st ATB) I remember our drills taking us on a self-propelled tour of the Armor Museum (that would be a long PT run for you REMF's out there) I always loved armor. Too bad it's all moving to the home of the crunchies, but if things stayed the same, we wouldn't advance.

I was in d 2/81 in 98 too! Who was your DS?

I had DS Fluker and Kensey.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NO SIR!!! We don't want a check!!!
I meant to cover the $90 million for the museum. I'm a little short at the moment but I'm sure when the lotto check clears I can handle most of that. Course I need to buy a lotto ticket first. I always forget that part.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Made a surprise visit to the assembly area on Sand Hill today (Ft Benning) where some of the Ft Knox armour and stuff is being staged and the gate was open!!:-D:-D:-D

Showed a young Captain my retiree ID card and asked if he would let me take some pics...he said...you go take all the pics ya want...and take your time:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Attachments

OL AG '89

WOW!!!
I'm loving the pics.
I was at Knox in 81 for AIT 63Y/N Light Track & wheel vehicle mech.
Came back in 86 for AOB-86-C "The Duke was CAV RAMBO wished he was" class motto.
I have fond memories of Yano Beach range, Misery & Agony hills.
We started hearing about "Center of Excellence" late 90's didnt realize there was an ulterior motive.
Are they moving the Patton Musuem or just the BIG Vehicles?
Are the M-60's still at the Front Gate at Knox?

You get any pictures of Snoopy? M-578 I think???

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I would be happy with the armored recovery vehicle in the first set of new pics and the German 18t ton half track, you guys can fight over the rest

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks