• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916 / MK17 Hybrid Build

promodhotrod

Just a quick update:
The prius has been put on hold as I finally got a FPU to go with the MK-17 that was going to be used on this project. Looking for the self loader container handler RBU to go with the 916.
Tried to make a himars cab into a sleeper, but it didnt look right and seemed like a waste of a nice cab, so it is going on an old deuce with a 454/th400 for power.
Also put alot of seat miles in front of an allison over the last year, and must retract my previous statements about the cat 7155 trans being better than an allison. I was in some tight spots in Idaho that Im sure would have stroked me into a vegitable if I had to worry about shifting. Also the full power downshift and retarder are features I will not be without. The Cat is great to play around home on known roads, its fun, but for real workability I will only consider Allisons.
Eldgenb come to TN and Ill take you up on that offer!
Thats all for now, Ill get some pics of the new project up once it starts to look like something.

promodhotrod

Here are some pics of the new runt that stole the 916's tail. Maybee I should call it the gecco, instead of the prius.
Also wanted to get some feedback on a new project, using an old deuce a2, removing the old cab, continental, and spicer, retaining the original transfer case, and adding a Himars Rocket launcher cab to make a fake FMTV. Now for the question, has anyone here had any luck with a TH700R4 in a heavy application, ie duce swap or moterhome? Engine is a low RPM 454 with twin t04 turbos.
Thanks
KJ

Attachments

jrod66

I dont think that the th700r4 is going to hold up, either 400hd or go with the 4l80e, that is the heavy duty version of the 4spd auto

promodhotrod

Finally got some time to get back on the hybrid project, a couple pics of the joining process. Note that a RBU with a couple 8v92's in it will pick the back of a 916 off the ground backing up when coupled like this and the landing gear is up. Also a FYI to anyone doing this, the coupling in the front of the RBU was absolutely un-removeable, twin 30 ton jacks wouldn't evenP1010012.jpg budge it, so had to smoke it out and patch as shown.
P1010013.jpg
P1010017.jpg

promodhotrod

P1010018 (2).jpgWell its one piece again. And front wheel drive just like a real prius:) Unfortunately after we get the support gear removed and the parking brakes hooked up it has to go back to the back burner again:( Now that its mobile and can be gotten out of the way the top project is swapping a tree spade onto a 931a1, have to get it ready to start re-forresting the farm in 3 weeks, I hate deadlines.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Let's bump it back to the top. Op hasnt been on in about 7 months but did this project ever get finished?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks