• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105a2 trailer jack

a109836

Just bought my first M105A2 trailer, need to know if the trailer jack is adustable up and down or if I need to take a high lift jack when I go to pick it up - - Thanks

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have any pics? The newer trailers all have crank up landing gear. The older trailers have the large wheel type landing leg. The crank up landing legs are great...but, if you are hauling the trailer home with a pick up or SUV, the lunette will probably not drop far enough to hook up to your pintle. The trailers are heavy, but you should be fine as long as the trailer is not loaded. Have another guy lift the trailer up, release the landing leg, stow it, and then hook up to your pintle.

a109836

Here's a pic, its a 87model trailer and I will be pulling it home with a chev 2500 4x4 with adj hitch, so the height should be about right. Thanks for your response!!

Attachments

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The height will not even be close with your 2500 unles it adjust about 18 inches above the standard position. You need 2 guys as Bruce mentioned or use your high lift jack to lower into the pintle.

Memphisdoug

When I have picked up trailers I always take a small floor jack along with me in case I need it to hook up. So far though the guys at the GL yard have always helped out with a forklift snd set the tongue of the trailer right on my pintle for me.

Jimma

Yes. It appears to be the type that you crank up and down. However, in the lowest position its still too tall for your truck with the gear down. You will have to lift it up by hand (2 people) or use a jack so you can store the landing gear. Then hook it up to your truck after you have stowed the landing gear. When pulling it with a pickup truck it will sit and an angle. I pulled mine home with a new Dodge 1500 Crew Cab with 20 inch wheels and it sat at a big angle. If it has a cover on it you might want to take it off to reduce wind resistance behind a pickup truck if you are going a long distance.

91W350

I pulled mine home with my M1008 and it was too low. I will also add that the cover is a sail, an air brake, remove it is you have one. My hitch was about 4" too low for the jack in the lowest setting. Hopefully your gear is not gummed up to where it does not want to pivot, one of my six was pretty tough to break loose. Glen

Attachments

ammodude

WARNING: :oops:I've had the trailer fall twice while jacking. :oops: Chock the wheels forward and back. Use a jack stand.

They are so correct. On my stock 08 K2500HD, I added a Pintle Hook Adapter Plate 12 hole and my pintle is still too low with the ring in the high position. It might work after I flip the ring. I use a farm jack to lift and lower if a front loader isn't available.

The dataplate shows ring height adjustable from 29 1/4" to 38 1/4".

russ132

My 105 trailer jack had been damaged and would not retract at all. I needed my highlift to hold the trailer up so the trailer jack could be removed. Make sure you take your toolbox as well just in case. Good Luck.

TIGERFANS2

mine's a 2 wd 2500 HD but it's high, I don't have the 12 hole pintle plate (on my list) so this is how I towed it homje, towed like a dream

hi-lift is your friend, don't leave home without it cause if you Don't need it, so what?

$177.20, including fees and sales tax..... I'm still grinnin :)

Attachments

blybrook

You'll want the hi-lift. The pictures are for an adjustable jack; it appears your lunette is already flipped (so that's good!), but I highly doubt it'll go low enough to catch your pintle and still be able to be rotated into storage position.

I tow mine with a F250 / 350 & the 10" plate. A 12" plate won't fit my truck due to the class 5 hitch conflicts. It still rides nose down. A co-worker borrowed my hitch & trailer to tow behind his '93 2500 and it sat lower than on my truck!

Good luck with the recovery, and put the tailgate down when towing unloaded! It'll help!

Davidgc2

Adjustable Ring

"The dataplate shows ring height adjustable from 29 1/4" to 38 1/4".[/QUOTE]
Hi there. Did you ever manage to flip the ring? I was just working on that last night and we're having trouble getting the ring out. Figured it might be rust or it might be pressed in there. Anything you discovered might help, so thank you for any info you can provide.

David

fasttruck

Bring a 12 volt light bar if using a civilian truck. A 1008 will operate the 24 volt trailer lights. DOT get anal about running with no rear lights especially at night. If your tow vehicle does not have air brakes, the brakes on the trailer will not work. Happy stopping.

When in service we used to get DRs for pulling a M105 with anything less than a 2.5 ton truck.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Note on the jack. I keep a block of wood, 4x8 and put between the wheels to jack it up and not roll.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks