• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thanks to customsmith for extra effort

forestMog

Hey Ryan,

Thanks Ryan for the great deal and going those extra miles to deliver on two Hydraulic pump assemblies for M1022 dolly set!

They work great.

It is amazing to find such hard to find parts at a cost I can afford.

I will be replacing my two hand operated pumps on my M720 dolly with these air/hand powered pumps. I plan to relocate the handle so the unit will fit in the same slot as the original pump. I can use the tire inflation connection on the Unimog to power the pumps or maybe the emergency air connection. This will make the dolly set much more convenient to use. The original hand pumps require more than 100 pumps to move the lift cylinders full range.

Again, a big thank you! Long live Steel Soldiers.

Attachments

forestMog

Nice! Those look quite useful.
After I made the deal with customsmith I found that Harbor Freight has an air powered hydraulic pump that is similar but at over a hundred bucks on sale was much more expensive. Still, a useful item. Thanks to customsmith throwing these on his truck in Georgia and making the trek to California, Fedex shipping was reduced to about $40. Thanks again customsmith for going above and beyond!
Paul

JSmith

anyone have the manuals for the M1022? I got one from Portsmouth and am now working on getting it into useable shape. Thanks in advance.:mrgreen:

forestMog

Anyone know of someone with spare parts for an M1022? I am begining to feel like this -> :deadhorse:

From my observation of sales for all dolly sets you won't find many dealers willing to carry spare parts. The dolly sets go for junk prices so it probably doesn't pay to keep parts with such limited market potential. I paid $170 for my M720 and I see a lot of dollys that never get a bid.

Dolly sets have a few strikes against them in the market for highway use.

1. They have air brakes which may require an endorsement on your drivers license as well as a truck or tractor with air brakes.
2. Most don't have fenders, it is a project to add them.
3. Adapting them to practical use requires designing/welding skills.

My opinion is that these dollys could be put to very good use on farms or in the woods because they have good brakes. It seems like a shameful waste not to use them, but then I am no expert on markets.:cookoo:

The photo shows my small log dolly project during construction. I need to figure out how to add fenders that can be quickly removable or stand a lot of abuse in the woods. I am thinking about using 9:00x20 tire casings stripped of tread and backed up with steel frame.

Attachments

JSmith

I will keep looking for parts or for donor dolly sets so that I can get a good one put together. I work for a nonprofit that drills water wells overseas. We intend to get one in good order and export it to Haiti for use in moving containers that we use for storage. We have several that we are going to build out as a workshop, living quarters etc. I have applied for and been granted shipping licenses through the government's SNAP-R online application system. The EUC was approved with this listed as the intended purpose so it will probably get through eventually. Anyone know if the hydraulics and airbags are cross compatible between the M1022 and the M720 or M8XX?

forestMog

I will keep looking for parts or for donor dolly sets so that I can get a good one put together.....Anyone know if the hydraulics and airbags are cross compatible between the M1022 and the M720 or M8XX?
What do you mean by 'cross compatible'? I do know one M1022 pump can be used to replace one M720 pump. The fittings match. On my M720 I had to weld another bracket on the reservoir to flip it upside down so it fit better. Still had to make an extension to mount the pump higher to work. The reservoir is much bigger on the M1022 pump so it has enough capacity to drive two cylinders rather than one on the M1022 dolly.

If you check the manuals I bet the parts get much heavier as the carrying capacity increases. There is a parts list in each manual so you can check the appearance as well as the part number.

TM-9-2330-379-14P is M1022
TM-9-2330-275-14P is M832
TM-9-2330-285-14-P is M720

Last edited:

kennys@wi.rr.com

Does anyone have pictures of these in use? I have been searching both SS and google and I see pics of them together for storage and connected to the container for use. I'd like to see pics f the process. If anyone can direct me I'd appreciate it. I am looking for a way to tow an S280 and this looks like a possibility. It would be attached once and most likely never removed. Any thoughts or ideas on using one of these would be appreciated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks