• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VEHICLE TITLES

Shook

I was wondering this as well. How about you guys that live in the states where you don't have to title older vehicle or can title a vehicle by bill of sale??

Brian

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speaking o states, radman434, you need to add your location to your profile or create a signature with the location in it, forum requirements.

m.walker

I bet someone who lives in a state that you dont need a title to title an older vehicle could make some money and a lot of friends by helping us GL victims out ( hint hint ) !

RADMAN434

Fixed the location Problem. The reason I posted in this Forum is that I am considering a bid on a M1009 at Ft. Jackson. None of the GL sales seem to offer titling forms.

Shook

Yeah GL is getting lazy. Most of the titles that you did get when they did do titles were messed up and was a hassle to get them fixed. Mostly VIN numbers being wrong. I guess they got tired of correcting mistakes.

Brian in NC

poppop

I bought a 95 Chevy S-10 from GL with no 97. I called Ga. DMV and after telling me it was illegal to sell a newer vehicle without a title she said I could go to a bonding company, the same one that gets you out of jail, and buy a suriry bond, then have a police officer inspect and verify the VIN,, and then the state would issue me a title. I have not done that yet as the engine was seized and is still on the engine stand.

Shook

Ok I've heard of this process. I may check into it and the costs here in NC. GL has disgusted me here lately so I haven't bought any vehicles in a while.

Brian

narc20

I'm new to the site but am considering getting a M1009 from GL. Has anyone in WV dealt with DMV on getting a MV titled with just a bill of sale? BTW I have learned a lot from you guys already. Great site.

MATT

Here in CO we do VIN verifications when someone from out of state needs to register there vehicle, motorcylcle or trailer. It is a simple form that checks the VIN and what type of vehicle it is, I used to do these when I performed emission tests. I wonder if this VIN Veri. might work...?

RADMAN434

Sounds like a VIN verification is probably the way to go. In S.C., there are forms for that (found them on the DMV website). I have not been to the local (small town) DMV office to talk to someone eyeball to eyball but I plan to soon and will let everyone know the outcome. GL is having a big vehicle auction starting tomorrow. I'll be keeping an eye on the CUCV M1009 at Ft. Jackson.

RADMAN434

The vehicle sold for about $750. Pretty good deal but I chickened out. I had planned to go look at the vehicle but couldn't. I'm not brave enough to buy sight unseen(plus a little nervous about having to work on a diesel). I'm looking at some old soldiers locally that need a little help. I'm still keeping an eye on GL.

rgregj

Radman, I went through the same channels as you about the tite. I called the DMV help desk and was told in no uncertain terms that you MUST have a title if it is purchased in SC. If you perchase a vehicle from another state you need at least a bill of sale. or what ever that state requires. Called GL and no luck there. I did call a title company called Broadway Title, they will do the footwork to get you the paperwork for a title (not sure what's involved in that) but the kicker is the vehicle has to be under 18,000 lbs. ( I was trying to get a title for a deuce). So I have found one locally that is already titled. If you have any luck, keep us posted.

Greg
Spartanburg, SC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks