• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

N Arizona SEE Unimog

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like one of the post-WWII French-built ones. After they ran out of Argus engines, they used Jacobs and Salmson radials, and some other types.

Cheers

N Arizona

Adding a few more pictures of the SEE. Have the interior out now to get one of the seats redone and to make it easy to clean and work in the cabin. Got some rust spots that will need some work too.

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hadn't noticed before that your 'Mog sports a backhoe. Very nice.

Whose model of backhoe are you carrying on it?
I believe that Mog is a SEE with the front-loader bucket removed. You can probably find more about the backhoe by Googling "SEE Military Vehicle" as they are a Mil-Standard entrenchment excavator produced in significant numbers.

saddamsnightmare

December 29th, 2014.

N Arizona:

Congratulations on getting your truck running. Yes, there was a civilian SEE, very few were seen in the states, but Case handled it and you could get many attachments beyond the front end loader and backhoe. They were primarily aimed at farmers and came with a 24 or 29 gear transmission to give the various ground speeds needed for agricultural work. I would love to have an SEE, but if were a choice between that and a U1300L, I'd probably opt for the more modern cargo truck.

Good luck and stay safe. have a Great New Years!

N Arizona

Well the SEE has been sold and delivered to it's new owner. As always it was sad to see it go but sounds like it is off to someone who is going to get more use out of it then I would be able to. Well on to the next project.

photo (40).jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks