• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FIRE DEPT BRUSH TRUCK

firechief

WANTING TO BUILD A FIRE DEPT BRUSH TRUCK OUT OF A 1028 OR 1008. COULD ANYONE TELL ME THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO. WE CAN GET THESE TRUCKS FROM ARKANSAS FORESTRY FOR THE TITLE FEE BUT THEY DO NOT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1028 is a shelter carrier and has a few extra brackets in the bed, easlily removed. Both are just pickups and will do the job equally. Go to the TM section and D/L the operators manual for the CUCV, it explains the differences between the various trucks.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Locker on th front of an M1028? Thats news to me. Thought they all had powerlocks in the front.

civicnar

Where can I contact them about these trucks. I am on the bidding for the AR State Surplus but I was wondering if you were getting them elsewhere. I would like to buy a few for parts. Thanks

James

texas-5-ton

I was at the Texas Forest Service office today and noticed that there were several of these 3/4 4x4 trucks in the boneyard along with some deuces. I was asking the guy what they did with them and he stated that these particular trucks were "turn-in's" and that they were pretty well shot. He stated that all of the worn out vehicles would eventually be sold or auctioned off by GSA. You might contact your local forest service office to see what info they can give you. We recently purchased an M813 5 ton to use as a brush truck.

Chad :driver:

NEIOWA

Why are you FD paying for trucks? Free/no charge thru the FEPP program (DOD to US Forester then lone to State Forester to you). There is no title BS as you don't get title with FEPP Feds own the truck/equipment.

firechief

Here in Arkansas we just got a M1028 1985 with 20,300 miles from the Arkansas Forestry Comm on the new DOD program for only 9.75 title fee for the FD. My truck came from NY with a little rust but runs good. Ritchie

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have two of these trucks that we use as brush trucks but they are old and demand a lot of maintenance.

http://halltownfire.org/images/Trucks/12794452_491797594357400_7877600642234737070_n.jpg
Dude, thread is 12 YEARS old...
Thats funny..... never noticed lol
Now that you revived the thread; cool picture of your truck in action.
Guess I wasn't the only one that noticed... lol
WHEW !

I thought these trucks were OLD twelve years ago. Now, in the year 2018 they are REALLY OLD and will soon be officially classified as ANCIENT!!!

Jus' sayin'.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks