• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Style Airpack Rebuild

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen references to this in threads 3-4 months ago but, has anyone come out with a rebuild kit for a new style airpack yet? I need one!:(

rlwm211

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From going to the linked thread, and then to the next thread linked therein, I did not get a definitive answer. The last post recommended calling a supplier after another said the kit would likely cost the same as a new air pack. Clinto, you are in the loop on this, did you ever find a kit and what is the number and price?
Thanks for your help
RL
Does anyone have the NSN for a "new style" air pack? If so I can get the maker, who also should have rebuild parts.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
From going to the linked thread, and then to the next thread linked therein, I did not get a definitive answer. The last post recommended calling a supplier after another said the kit would likely cost the same as a new air pack.

Yes. When a thread does not end with a definitive answer, posters need to bump that thread to the top with something like "Hey guys, I see HndrsonJ posted that Tom at CSI has the new style kits, has anyone used one?"

Or actually call Tom and find out, then post your findings.

A new thread is NOT warranted.

That's why I posted the link-to hopefully drive the conversation back to the relevant thread, so we wouldn't have 2 different threads covering EXACTLY the same topic.

Clinto, you are in the loop on this, did you ever find a kit and what is the number and price?
Yes. Since I have been stymied by lazy parts guy and having a time constraint starting my own business, I have not gotten to the bottom of this.

But this is what I have found.

I had been looking for the rebuild kit for the new, short airpack and upon Hndrson's advice, I called CSI. He said they are out and are at least a month out from getting more (this was in April 2010), but he offered me the part # of the kit.

It's RN25T.

So I google it and the ONLY hit I get is this:

www.trkprtcatalog.com

These idiots have either gone out of business or let their domain name expire, as it now redirects to a godaddy.com page. But if you look at the URL, you can see it's a Haldex catalog that used to be there. I am sure it's archived on some kind of website out there. Somebody out there good enough to find out what that site looked like on 1-April-2010?

When the page was up, you could start paying attention around page 7- then find the kit on page 14. The kit has 4 part #'s associated with it:

OEM N4105AA and N4105AG
Aftermarket KN35010 and KN35020.

I tried finding out who trkprtcatalog.com is but their "home page" is blank: www.trkprtcatalog.com

So I google the OEM part # N4105AA and I find this:

hd - 610 - 0610

Look at that URL (web addy) and the logo on the upper left of the page, does this mean I can find this at carquest?

Then notice page 609, can carquest supply airpacks?

hd - 609 - 0609

So I went to my local Carquest distributor and after hassling the parts guy for a month, I am told the airpacks are "discontinued". I trust NO parts guy unless I am personally friends with him, as they have no incentive to make sales, so if it requires any effort they are likely to lie to you and tell you an item is out of stock or discontinued.

So right now, I am still trying to find out if RN25T is really out there on the civilian market and I am also still trying to figure out if new airpacks are available on the civilian market.

It's a shame all this information is totally separate from the thread it should be in. This should be in the thread where Hndrson recommends CSI (I think--honestly, there is so much repetition of the same topics in so many threads, I am not even sure where to put updates anymore. Yay for disorganization!) but hey, nobody here wants to search, they just want everything posted in a new thread. It should be fun trying to find this 6 months from now.

So somebody can start a new thread then.

And when I link back to this, somebody can post a snarky comment.

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't see anything with the p/n RN25T. The N4105AA is NSN: 2530-00-040-2188 and is the old style airpack (not a kit) and costs $279+.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I don't see anything with the p/n RN25T.
I found it on the www.trkpartcatalog.com website that is now defunct:

I had been looking for the rebuild kit for the new, short airpack and upon Hndrson's advice, I called CSI. He said they are out and are at least a month out from getting more (this was in April 2010), but he offered me the part # of the kit.

It's RN25T.

So I google it and the ONLY hit I get is this:

www.trkprtcatalog.com

These idiots have either gone out of business or let their domain name expire, as it now redirects to a godaddy.come page. But if you look at the URL, you can see it's a Haldex catalog that used to be there. I am sure it's archived on some kind of website out there. Somebody out there good enough to find out what that site looked like on 1-April-2010?

When the page was up, you could start paying attention around page 7- then find the kit on page 14. The kit has 4 part #'s associated with it:

OEM N4105AA and N4105AG
Aftermarket KN35010 and KN35020.

The N4105AA is NSN: 2530-00-040-2188 and is the old style airpack (not a kit) and costs $279+.
If that is the case, then Tom is an idiot and gave me the part # for the old style airpack rebuild kit after I specifically told him I was after the new style and I already had 4 rebuild kit for the old style in my inventory.
EDIT

Looking at the catalog, the airpack that RN25T is associated with looks to me like a short airpack. What am I missing?

hd - 609 - 0609

Long vs. short: Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

EDIT #2

Also, if RN25T is the correct #, I may have found it. Tom told me the price would be $70-$90:

RN25T-HALDEX MIDLAND-Repair Kit

Last edited:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great work Clinto. I appreciate the effort and share the frustration of many threads not achieving closure. I have never rebuilt an airpack but need to and will be glad to order one once I hear if this is the right one. I will call and see what the folks can tell me.

stumps

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found it on the www.trkpartcatalog.com website that is now defunct:

It's RN25T.
I don't know where he got the RN25T part number (probably an AMG catalog) but that part number is NOT in the military supply system. It probably is a good AMG number but the military doesn't recognize it, doesn't stock it, and haven't ever ordered it. It could be that the shorter airpacks are so new they have never had to rebuild one before they started surplussing deuces from the system and at the end, were just using up the current inventory of the short airpacks and long airpacks/kits.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Told by who? do you have a part number?

muddog

A friend of mine told me he ordered one from Terry at White Owl. Did'nt have the part no. on hand. Will see if I can get a number tonight.
Harold

Monkeyboyarmy

I have a couple of kits and can get more. I need $70 each plus shipping on these two.I might be able to get a quantity discount if the demand is high enough. PM me if interested.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks