• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez"

Torres70380

So I purchased me a Bobbed Deuce !
Let me start off... I am Proud to be a Steel Soldiers Member with the sickness.
Will be starting this weekend with part of my " work list " then when that is done will move to the "wish list "
I am still working on the paperwork for the Registration and Title Requirements. So I will make use of that time to replace the knuckle boots. I had read a post.. do not recall the poster.. sorry.. but it had some good advice.. in short tear the front end apart. .. It said more than that, but It gives me a chance to learn about my truck and see what and if anything is wrong.It's a whole lot of truck to stop and I want to make sure everything works!

With going to the new silicone 1 pc boots I only have 1 more step to get to the Axle seal.
For the Front I have a plan to Replace boots, Axle Shaft Seal , replace the outer seal on the hub, new wheel cylinders.. found them at a good price. Replace the hardware for the brakes ( kit part # 8332057 ) and replace every single lock washer and grease zerk that I have to touch. Most of the zerks have been painted over and I am sure after 42 years the lock washers could stand to be replaced.
The Rear will be more of the same.
I had not purchased brake shoes or bearing.. but that is not hard to get items.
** Follow this up with Bleeding the brakes **

After that is done will move to fluid changes.. purchased a complete set of Spin on Filters.. need to move my primary fuel line.. for some reason it hangs below the frame ??

Coolant flush.. seen several good post on how to do this.

Will be replacing fluids with : Sorry did not think it would be that large when I copied and pasted.. now I can not remove it.

COMPONENTCAPACITIESLUBRICATION PART #ENGINE 18 QUARTSROTELLA 15W-40SHE 5073637 ( 1= GALLON PART # )4 QUARTSHEAVY DUTY OIL STABILIZERLUC 10002 ( 1= GALLON PART # )TRANSMISSION3.25 QUARTSGEAR OIL, 80W90 *MEETS API DESIGNATION GL-1 *NHF 65201 ( 1= GALLON PART # )1 QUARTHEAVY DUTY OIL STABILIZERLUC 10001 ( 1= QUART PART # )TRANSFER CASE5 QUARTSGEAR OIL, 80W90 *MEETS API DESIGNATION GL-1 *NHF 65201 ( 1= GALLON PART # )2 QUARTSHEAVY DUTY OIL STABILIZERLUC 10001 ( 1= QUART PART # )STEERING GEAR3.13 PTS.GEAR OIL, 80W90 *MEETS API DESIGNATION GL-1 *NHF 65201 ( 1= GALLON PART # )FRONT AXLE DIFFERENTIALS4 QUARTSSAE 80W-90 GEAR OIL * API GL-5 & API MT-1 *LUC 10043 * 32 oz. *2 QUARTSHEAVY DUTY OIL STABILIZERLUC 10001 ( 1= QUART PART # )REAR AXLE DIFFERENTIALS4 QUARTSSAE 80W-90 GEAR OIL * API GL-5 & API MT-1 *LUC 10043 * 32 oz. *2 QUARTSHEAVY DUTY OIL STABILIZERLUC 10001 ( 1= QUART PART # )

After that is all said and done ... start on some of the finer details.. steering gear adjustment.. if needed toe in check.
So wish me luck!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Good luck. It is a pain, but if something goes wrong on the road, you now have the knowledge to fix it. That alone is priceless!

Torres70380

Here is the truck when it arrived...Did not have a chance too take a lot of pictures today.. will try to do better.

All in all made a good start today.. Had a few bumps in the road.. but I am new and learning.

However I must ask 2 questions.... Do I have some type of Sickness.
and the other question is a real one.

The part number for the Lock washer MS35335-35 this are the ones #33 in figure 69.. crossed to lockwashers.. MS35335-35 WASHER | Fastenal
But when I removed them.. they where the outside star type washer??
Is ok to use the split lockwasher ? or should I go back with the star type.. I had purchased splits.. that is what came up on a part# search on Fastenal website.

Thanks guys!
I Have everything back together up to that point.. I am waiting on the wheel cylinder to come in... I did not think we would have made it this far in 1 day. Please I need to order a Brake spring ... Please do not ask. it was a stupid... stupid thing we did.

Attachments

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
looks great for the first day.. glad to see your doing it right the first time.. get it all done and drive it up the la rally :mrgreen:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Wow, its been a while since I did mine. I'm thinking I had star washers too, but the lock washers should work just fine.

poppop

There is a thread with all the info on the Rally. My advice, make that a got to event and go. You will meet a lot of other fine addics who can council you. Tim and Pam are great people and throw a great event. I have not been myself because of the distance but I know Tim and Pam well from the Ga Rally. So, make it a point to be there and Have fun.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fred, when you're ready to take LLBTR on a little trip, come see me and George up north..... We'll go exploring!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is nice to see someone who has took the time to research their truck and do the PM's ,
get the wrench's out and learn their truck before putting it out on the road . It looks like you have a good plan of attack to keep yout truck safely on the road for years to come .

Torres70380

It's Hard.... 18 year old Fred would have Driven the Truck straight off the Delivery truck... **** with the Roll Off Wrecker.

But much older... maybe a little wiser... Fred. Has a family now and wants to keep them safe just like any of you guys that have the Big Trucks.

Will not lie to anyone... This is way out of my Mechanic League.. but that is why I read the books... taking my time with people who know mechanics... maybe not Deuce mechanics... but that works good.... we each have half the info and work together... not 1 person knowing and doing all.

Trust me the Soldier A and Soldier B that changes from task to task.

Thanks for the Support Guys! I'll keep you all posted.. once I'm done I'll take it out on the road to come Visit.

Damm I love my Deuce !

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Since AMERICA is a ENGLISH speaking country, Why start a thread in a foreign Language on a ENGLISH written FORM, even new members from Europe start there threads in ENGLISH, I have no need nor want to learn another language, so with that said, as much as I love MVs, still not enough, since I have NO idea what this thread is about no matter how Important the info is.

Torres70380

Since AMERICA is a ENGLISH speaking country, Why start a thread in a foreign Language on a ENGLISH written FORM, even new members from Europe start there threads in ENGLISH, I have no need nor want to learn another language, so with that said, as much as I love MVs, still not enough, since I have NO idea what this thread is about no matter how Important the info is.

Would like to clear up any misunderstanding with the Title

It's Cajun
Answers.com - What does 'Laissez les bon temps rouler' mean in English

Urban Dictionary: Laissez les bon temps roulez

Mister Sunday

I just thought I would help you with your english and let you know that this is a "forum", not a "form".

bugei

73 here it is translated to a more common language, hope this makes it clearer for ya:mrgreen:

Que los buenos tiempos rodillo

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks