• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have a BMP/OT-90?

Driver_Neil

Looks like its unofficially offical.....Dave and Frank got reservations for flights, hotel and rental car for beltring. Might try to hit some museums and stuff too. I guess we'll see ya there Neil.

Frank
Good news!! :smile:

The OT will be in the living history field with the Red Alliance and 9th Company groups, I'll probably be in the Americas field with the Stalwart - cross the traffic light bridge and carry straight on, about 500 yards up on the left. Look f for the groups flag, a pirate one with red eyes. :smile:

Have you got any Soviet uniform kit - particularly Afghanka? If so - we can find a job for you both on Sat and/or Sun mornings as we have a 20 min slot in the arena doing a Soviet vs Taliban encounter in the arena.....

BiffJ

As this will be our first time there at the show we'll be wandering aimlessly trying to find things. We may have a seasoned show vet with us though to help out. As for uniforms and gear I'm afraid all we've got is the tanker helmets from the BMP's and T55 and we'd probably be arrested by TSA if we tried to bring them with us. I can see where laryngaphones and headsets could be used for hijacking a plane. We'd love to see the OT and talk with you about maintainence and operation.

Frank

Augdog1964

Excited

We're excited as anything to be going... we made our reservations yesterday... and we now have confirmation that the seasoned vet is going too!

Can't wait to see all the vehicles and hope there is a hefty dose of E. Block stuff to see!

Later!

Dave Bane
Augdog1964

Driver_Neil

As this will be our first time there at the show we'll be wandering aimlessly trying to find things. We may have a seasoned show vet with us though to help out. As for uniforms and gear I'm afraid all we've got is the tanker helmets from the BMP's and T55 and we'd probably be arrested by TSA if we tried to bring them with us. I can see where laryngaphones and headsets could be used for hijacking a plane. We'd love to see the OT and talk with you about maintainence and operation.

Frank
Stick 'em in the hold baggage even your dreaded TSA surely couldn't object to that !! :p

Seriously - I have some spares for a cabby around the arena if you want to after the show ends.

E-Block tends to be a bit under-represented in comparison to WW2 era for example. However in addition to what will be working in the arena there are usually a few other groups - DDR, Slovakian etc. dotted around. Arena vehicles usually include a T-55, T-72, 2 or 3 T-34's and whatever the vehicle dealers bring down with them (Gaz, UAz, BRDM - perhaps even a BTR)

BiffJ

Thanks for the tip Robo. We've been trying for some time to get a T72 out of Cz but without much luck. Seems no one wants to get the paperwork done for US sales.

Not sure what our plans are yet Neil. We well have a guide along and will probably hit some other stuff besides the W&P show. We're planning on travelling light too as there is less to lose when the luggage goes to taiwan instead of london. Actually I think my bag went to chicago instead of london the last time....

Frank

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the tip Robo. We've been trying for some time to get a T72 out of Cz but without much luck. Seems no one wants to get the paperwork done for US sales. Frank

Probably because they can sell inside the EU for similar prices without the hassle. Besides, several of the sellers are not really full-time big players on the international market, that is, outside the European Union, so they would probably have little experience with all the hoops they have to jump and little interest to learn.

I have some contacts in the hobby world and in the museum world, maybe we can help getting it done through that route. IF you are still trying, maybe PM me with what you want for which prices and where it went wrong in a bit more detail.

Driver_Neil

Thanks for the tip Robo. We've been trying for some time to get a T72 out of Cz but without much luck. Seems no one wants to get the paperwork done for US sales.

Not sure what our plans are yet Neil. We well have a guide along and will probably hit some other stuff besides the W&P show. We're planning on travelling light too as there is less to lose when the luggage goes to taiwan instead of london. Actually I think my bag went to chicago instead of london the last time....

Frank
Just a (belated) thought - have you tried talking to Duncan Nicholson of "Tanks For sale"? He's UK based, phone number is 00 44 1772 601214. I know he regularly brings stuff here from the Czech Republic and has shipped kit to the US in the past.

Got to be worth a phone call?

B3.3T

Good news!! :smile:

The OT will be in the living history field with the Red Alliance and 9th Company groups, I'll probably be in the Americas field with the Stalwart - cross the traffic light bridge and carry straight on, about 500 yards up on the left. Look f for the groups flag, a pirate one with red eyes. :smile:

Have you got any Soviet uniform kit - particularly Afghanka? If so - we can find a job for you both on Sat and/or Sun mornings as we have a 20 min slot in the arena doing a Soviet vs Taliban encounter in the arena.....
Appears they have their history a bit twisted around, by about 7-8 years...

Driver_Neil

Appears they have their history a bit twisted around, by about 7-8 years...
I know it should be a BMP-1 with Red Stars on the sides. Unfortunately we only have 80% of a BMP-1 (everything from the turret down - rest is Czech) with Czech roundels so we're making do with what we have. :grin: :grin:

Had a hellishly hard job getting volunteers to be the Afghan rebels though - not exactly universally popular types for some strange reason.....

Driver_Neil

Either is a lot cheaper than WW2 era tracked kit or armoured cars! :grin:

This might be of interest to those who have either a BMP or OT-90 - it is the parts catalogue for a BMP-1. All in Russian of course but very useful!!

You will the DjVu viewer to be able to read it.

Augdog1964

Need the Parts Manual

Driver Neil,

I could use that parts manual... can you send it to me or supply the link?

Where can I find the viewer?

Thanks!

Driver_Neil

Oops - sorry - must have forgotten to ad the URL's - this getting old is a terrible thing!! :oops:

OK - the root for the documentation is:
http://www.russianarms.su/index.php?topic=3.0

(??????????? ?????????? 2011. ?????? ????!)

The specific link for the BMP parts manual is:
http://narod.ru/disk/13596045001/BMP-1_Katalog_BTT.rar.html

(narod.ru/disk/13596045001/BMP-1_Katalog_BTT.rar.html)

There is a link on the download page for the DjVu viewer installation. The pages are pretty good - nice clear illustrations and comprehensive component lists.

There is also some stuff up there for the T64, BRDM,and BTR-70.

Augdog1964

Still problems...

Sorry Neil,

For some reason I can't access the file as it wants me to put the numbers I see in the image in the box... but no image comes through?

Anyway I could get you to send it to me direct?

Driver_Neil

I had that using Google Chrome - had to switch to FireFox to get the numbers to read OK!

The actual file is in the region of 18 Mb - too big to dens via e-mail. I'll upload it to my web site today and post the link here for you - will that be OK??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks