• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV still dead, part deuce.

Well, found a burnt out fuse link from under the junction on the firewall. Replaced it and the others there that were not the two really heavy red wires with breakers and a fuse box. I also removed the link to the junction box and plumbed in a pair of 50amp breakers in parallel. Everything worked great, then didn't. When it started, it did so much better than its usual, as in it really cranked over great. It ran a half minute then shut down. Now it will crank once then be dead again for awhile. All the leads I changed still have power when it is dead. Is there something inside the cab that will do this, or something under the hood I am missing?

dependable

I would replace the burnt fuseable links with fuseable link wire of correct gauge. Not sure the breakers and fuses carry the same continuous load. Also, did you figure out the reason for original short circuit?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Basically, since you modified the wiring, (we have no idea how) you are on your own.

Good luck.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The more you modify it, the less we can help. Most of us try and return them to original condition because from that spot, we can then find any problems, correct them and move on.

If you keep dabbling in the electrical system, I PROMISE this will get worse.

Ask me WHY.

It's fixed. Turned to a stupid simple thing. A wingnut from the air cleaner had fallen onto the injection pump and was shorting across two terminals. Wierd thing is it now runs better than I remember it ever running.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks