• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DOGHEAD RELAY Part Number

I am using dogheads starter relay thread for my M1009 off of the forum which says you need to use a Napa part # of 7-01860-1. I went to my local napa and they do not show that part number. After pulling up this site on my phone and showing the man pictures of the part that i needed, he insisted that Napa did not sell that part. I left there and went to O'Reilly Auto parts in town and they showed they had a solenoid with that part number in stock. is this the part that I need? Im sorry for the dumb questions. Im a newbie and just want to make sure that I get the right starter relay that is called for. I will put the link below for yall to check out...

Prime Line - Solenoid
Part # 7-01860-1

Prime Line 7-01860-1 - Solenoid | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Last edited:
Looks like the one I got from NAPA, package said it was for a lawn mower.
ah ha. ok i dont feel like a fool. the guy at oreilly looked at me cross eyed when i told him it was for a military cucv. he said i must have been mistaken. So i looked like an idiot in the store. jokes on him! :grin:

I noticed you got your rig at knox. which mike did you talk to? was is it mike singletary? I work in that motorpool everyday with the tanks and stykers....

Sasquatch

That's odd I picked up mine from NAPA just a couple months ago without any problem. Mine did say SME in front of the part number. Part does look the same as I remember, Doghead had mentioned in one of his posts, a discussion with someone about another relay, something about checking the relay with a multimeter to ensure certain posts weren't wired together, hopefully he'll chime in, otherwise a dig through the posts might turn that up for you.

Buzz

I got one at napa just yesterday I had to use # SME 7018601. We tried the number without the SME and it would come up as a bad number.

epitts

I noticed you got your rig at knox. which mike did you talk to? was is it mike singletary? I work in that motorpool everyday with the tanks and stykers....[/QUOTE]

I did not get his last name but said he had been in tanks while in the Army. He had a beard, I told him I was retired Air Force and he said if he had know that he would not have opened the gate. He was real nice guy. Did you get the white M1009 missing the back tire?

I noticed you got your rig at knox. which mike did you talk to? was is it mike singletary? I work in that motorpool everyday with the tanks and stykers....

I did not get his last name but said he had been in tanks while in the Army. He had a beard, I told him I was retired Air Force and he said if he had know that he would not have opened the gate. He was real nice guy. Did you get the white M1009 missing the back tire?
It was singletary. He is a good dude. I didnt get mine from Knox. It came out of Camp Shelby Mississippi. HOWEVER....when I need parts, (depending on what it is) I will take my old parts and a small tool bag, go to the storage yard of m1008s and m1009s and go dp some switchin' and swappin' around stuff.... :beer:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not a lawn mower part.

It's a part commonly used on lawn mowers.

I can give you a freightliner part number for the same exact relay(or a dozen other oddball applications). I gave a NAPA number because I know there is a nation wide network of NAPA retailers.

The fact that NAPA lists the part in their small engine line is irrelevant to the part(and it's various applications).

If your NAPA retail sales person does not know how to enter a part number(with the info I gave), then I would ask them to call their tech support and learn how to use their system with their own part numbers.

A simple Google search for the part number, and you would have hundreds of retail choices and more info than you can process...

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you take the dashs out of the number at NAPA, the part is listed. NAPA is weird sometimes with the dashs in the part numbers.

Last edited:
If you take the dashs out of the number at NAPA, the part is listed. NAPA is weird sometimes with the dashs in the part numbers.
You're right warthog. After finding the part at Oreilly Auto, I went home and tried what you're saying (take the dashes out) and sure enough, it came up on their site. I just wish the guy working at my Napa in town was atleast halfway competent.... Thanks for all of the feedback. This CUCV is new to me so all the feedback and tips I can get are GREATLY appreciated!

OL AG '89

Blue2.......
I hope YOU'RE kiddin about "borrowing" parts off the boneyard vehicles.....
I would hope to never get a vehicle that parts had been "pilferred" from!!!!
$20 in parts isn't worth a trip to the slammer!!!!
I would NEVER want to go to WAR with a BARRACKS Thief!!!!!

Man UP and buy your parts like the rest of us!!!!

Blue2.......
I hope YOU'RE kiddin about "borrowing" parts off the boneyard vehicles.....
I would hope to never get a vehicle that parts had been "pilferred" from!!!!
$20 in parts isn't worth a trip to the slammer!!!!
I would NEVER want to go to WAR with a BARRACKS Thief!!!!!

Man UP and buy your parts like the rest of us!!!!
No need to get defensive OL AG! You must have been an officer if you are prior service...they seem to get wrapped around the axle over meaningless things that dont hinder the accomplishment of a mission....

If you read my post it said in parenthesis (depending on what it is). When myself or my Soldiers need parts for our tanks or even our 900 series trucks, I get the parts that I need. If you are in/have been in the military, you know what im talking about when I say that one will do what it takes to ensure his soldiers and his vehicles are taken care of. A lot of the parts that I can score come from a DODAC (dept of defense account) for the civilian contractors that work on these CUCV's still CURRENTLY in use here at Fort Knox. 99% of the stuff that I get is OLD STOCK sitting in warehouses that are off the books. If the person helping me says I can go pull a part and it's not there, he will tell me where I can get it, off an old junked vehicle that is sitting and rotting. Sheer networking with people and getting to know the right folks can get you a long way man.

It's not like I'm going to yank a motor, or tires, etc etc. It's really miniscule parts like screws for the dash, a spare tire assembly, or a fan blower switch that I have gotten.

And lastly, one would have to be a fool to buy a MV off of govliquidation without seeing it first hand, or have someone with knowledge of that vehicle. Again, if you are in/have been in the military, you KNOW how Soldiers treat these vehicles. No worries OL AG. relax! [thumbzup]

Last edited:

ralbelt

When I was in there were certain things that had to be aquired to accomplish the mission. As long as it did not interfere with another units mission it was game on.

OL AG '89

BLUE2,
I was IN, 21 years in!
I too had to deal with the constant shortage of parts for my Company vehicles, M60A3's, M901's, M113's, dueces, 5-tons and everything else.
When we circle x'd a vehicle, I instructed ALL drivers and mechanics IT was OFF LIMITS for cannibalization. When the part need showed up, I didn't want to explain to the O-6 why the vehicle was STILL NMC.
The LOGISTICS system WORKS, IF YOU LET IT!!!!
If you shortcut the system, then the personnel responsible for parts inventory don't have a CLUE what parts are FAILING with regular frequency. I was BN S-4 for several years....
If you are taking parts for military use and have the paperwork from Depot to Unit, then you are following protocol....
If you are using MILITARY PROPERTY for YOUR vehicle, then you are STEALING!!!! a .20 cent screw or a $15.00 fan blower assembly, It's not yours to take!!!!
SO AGAIN MAN UP, BUY YOUR PARTS!!!!

Aggies don't tolerate anyone who Lies, Cheats or Steals!!!!

BLUE2,
I was IN, 21 years in!
I too had to deal with the constant shortage of parts for my Company vehicles, M60A3's, M901's, M113's, dueces, 5-tons and everything else.
When we circle x'd a vehicle, I instructed ALL drivers and mechanics IT was OFF LIMITS for cannibalization. When the part need showed up, I didn't want to explain to the O-6 why the vehicle was STILL NMC.
The LOGISTICS system WORKS, IF YOU LET IT!!!!
If you shortcut the system, then the personnel responsible for parts inventory don't have a CLUE what parts are FAILING with regular frequency. I was BN S-4 for several years....
If you are taking parts for military use and have the paperwork from Depot to Unit, then you are following protocol....
If you are using MILITARY PROPERTY for YOUR vehicle, then you are STEALING!!!! a .20 cent screw or a $15.00 fan blower assembly, It's not yours to take!!!!
SO AGAIN MAN UP, BUY YOUR PARTS!!!!

Aggies don't tolerate anyone who Lies, Cheats or Steals!!!!

Just let it go...."SIR". let it go. Your time of calling the shots is over. :funny:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks