• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wow...M915 Gun Truck!

13F10

Here is a pic of a very interesting "field conversion" of a M915....note the M101 trailer bed that is incorporated in to the armor design....

Soni
Thats pretty sweet, I wonder if they had a bunk like in a KW with a sleeper.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Thanks for that pic!!! That beast would make you think twice about shooting at it[thumbzup][thumbzup]

Wonder why they didn't add a little windshield armor?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would be interesting to see the back and how they had the weapons mounted.

Also needs a cool name like "Teenage Mutant Ninja 915." Okay, so maybe someone else should think up the name and I'll stick to driving.

M920

It would be interesting to see the back and how they had the weapons mounted.

Also needs a cool name like "Teenage Mutant Ninja 915." Okay, so maybe someone else should think up the name and I'll stick to driving.

Here is a rear quarter view.....

And here are some more pics of some "BAD**S" field retrofits....I specially like the M1070 and the "Mercedes" :jumpin:

Enjoy.... Soni

Attachments

emr

can they still use a trailer? Kinda pointless if they deleted the 5th wheel
Not really the idea is for that truck to race up to the fight and let the other trucks keep going, would be tough towing a trailer. the shorter wheel base of that tractor probably allowed it to snake up thru the convoy a little easier though,

M813A1

The one thing that all of those trucks did not do was to put windos armour like Papabear said and nobody armoured the hoods of those trucks all of those trucks had fiberglass hoods and noprotection under there ??? and they did not and try to protect the radiators either !! May look BadA__ but they did not protect themselves very well !!

TacticalTruck

Which one of the trucks are you talking about? The 915...how would I search it...?

Soni
yes, the m915a1 to be exact, with the trailer bed. i think someone even made a model of it, scratch built. i don't know about searching other than "m915 gun truck."

jeff

TacticalTruck

The one thing that all of those trucks did not do was to put windos armour like Papabear said and nobody armoured the hoods of those trucks all of those trucks had fiberglass hoods and noprotection under there ??? and they did not and try to protect the radiators either !! May look BadA__ but they did not protect themselves very well !!

well, if all i had was some "scrap metal" the first thing i'd do would probably be the doors.

Jeff

sroller78

I wonder how one of them would do if it was armored around the windshield, doors, and around the engine? How would someone armor around the radiator (maybe relocate?)? Would you remove the 5th wheel and put an open topped armored box on the back, like gun trucks in Viet Nam? It looks like the 915 would make a good truck to up armor due to the "boxy" shape of it. I don't know. You guy probably know more about these things than I ever would.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sroller, you just bumped a 3 year old topic.

Net is, you protect the crew, not the truck. Same philosophy for MRAPs. Look through some other posts, I've posted some pretty awesome pics of uparmored vehicles out of the current conflicts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks