• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12-volt power conversion kit for 800 series yet??

Rgdl

I know someone on SS has been selling a kit for the Multi-fuel engine in the M35A2 and some 5-tons that uses a 12-volt alternator aside of the 24-volt power. Anyone know if there's a kit like this available yet for the NHC-250?

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sigh. Just put in a dual voltage hummer alt. It fits the exact same location as the stock one. I got one cheap from TimandTrucks a few years ago, installed it in my m109.
(this is not a picture of the one in my m109, notice how clean it is and the yellow engine)

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I have one in my m109. Workes great, I can run 12v stuff in the back all day long and it keeps up with it. I put 3 optimas in the battery box. 2 for 24v and one deep cycle for the box.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's all automatic. It is basically two alternators in one housing. I just hooked up the 12v line, the 24v line, and a wire for the 'ignition'

Cycletek

Have you thought about adding a Vanner Equalizer which allows you to tap into one of your 12v batteries for your 12v requirements. I have one on both my 5 813 and my GMC 4905 Bus 24v system. The equalizer I have handles up to 50 Amps and has a reset-able breaker on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks