• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2nd Grade SS member??

bratpackdad

This post most likely violates some rule here on SS but it's funny..:wink:

"Thanks to eBay, a seven-year-old London boy managed to purchase a real-life Harrier fighter jet. It was easy: All he had to do was click on a bright "buy it now" button on the auction site, send a payment of about $113,000, and he'd be ready to live out every young man's fantasy. There was just one problem: He didn't have the money — and his dad found out about his shopping spree.

Whoops! The fun was over right then and there as the boy's dad immediately called up Jet Art Aviation Limited, the company who had placed the jet on eBay, and explained the situation. According to My FOX Chicago, the company was very understanding and canceled the sale right away.

There aren't any details regarding what happened after that — though we do know that Jet Art Aviation Limited put the jet up for auction again — but we imagine that there is one very disappointed seven-year-old boy in London right now."

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the pic. Wish I had the cash.

No engine included.

Attachments

Last edited:

3dAngus

:twisted:Oh, OK, I just read it. It is a static display item, decommmissioned. No engines. Could be retrofited. External reconditioning only, for the most part.

First flight would cost a heck of a lot more than $113,000, so I was wrong (again) the first time I posted.

I bet the kid didn't know he was getting a non flying aircraft.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
wow i wish i had that one parked in the front yard.. but i dont have that kind of cash either... wishing with one hand empty... the other.... :drool:

Needle

How far can a Harrier fly on full tanks?

If my memory serves me correctly, we carried 630 gallons (imperial) fuel in the inner wings and fuselage. When we didn't run with the extra 100 gallon tanks and performed a full rolling take-off (not VTO), with no more than 5,000 pounds external ordinance, we would get about a 1hr 15 minute mission, or a max radius from base of about 250 miles. This would leave us with sufficient fuel for 3 times around the pattern (if needed) and a non vertical landing before it started to get "hot" in the cockpit. :lol:

rlwm211

Gee, it would be a hoot for a member who lives in a
HOA restricted neighborhood to have that parked on his front lawn.

I wonder what the Code enforcement officer would say??????

It' not a truck....Not Commercial......Has only 3 wheels......

I would love to be there to watch.....

:p

RL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks