• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battled Damaged A10

The PIG Smith

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BecNTYPYbU[/media]

To me, this was a sobering clip of how one A10, after clobbering the bad guys, took a beating and was able to safely bring home Colonel Bob Efferson.
I am proud to be an American as only we can engineer such systems.
I am also thankful for those Americans like Colonel Bob Efferson, that flew into harms way and came home, so that I may enjoy freedom.

The PIG Smith

Wow, thats amazing. It sounds like George C Scott narrating.
Yes, you are correct, that is the late and great George C. Scott.

From Wikipedia:
he hosted the TV series Weapons At War on A&E TV but was replaced after one season by Gerald McRaney for the last two seasons.
Weapons At War moved to The History Channel with Scott still being shown as host for the first season.
Scott was replaced by Robert Conrad in 2000 after his death in 1999.

That is the most impressive aircraft I have ever seen. As much ordinance as it can carry
plus the abilty to make it back home after damage like this, how could you beat it? Brings back that seldom heard frase " Made in the USA"! I too would like to thank all who have
served our great country so we could enginer, and make such a fine aircraft! [thumbzup]
I know I could make room for one in my collection, that is if somebody wants to donate one!rofl

Elwenil

I'm pretty sure this violates the rule about posting battle damaged military vehicles and equipment. I wouldn't be surprised if this gets deleted.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think we can let this one stay. The aircraft served it's pilot well, and we know the pilot lived to tell the story. Not so with some battle damaged vehicles in a boneyard.

paradeduty

I hope it doesn't get deleted. Just my opinion, but it doesn't show any "Holy C**P" torn up stuff that tears your heart out (although any damage to an airplane could be). Hey - if it made it on TV, it can't be that harsh. I think the point of the "no battle damage" rule is to not give any "instruction" to our foes. From what I can see, this video pretty much tells our foes to stop wasting their ammo. How many hundreds of rounds and that's all she showed. AMAZING. Talk about nerves of steel. Makes you appreciate those "pickey" engineers a little more! Personally, I've never been prouder to say MADE IN THE U.S.A.! Dave.

Takai13

You just have to love and appreciate the A10. Over-engineered for survivability. The fact that its nose cannon is larger than a VW bug doesn't even factor in.

The PIG Smith

I'm pretty sure this violates the rule about posting battle damaged military vehicles and equipment. I wouldn't be surprised if this gets deleted.
I think we can let this one stay. The aircraft served it's pilot well, and we know the pilot lived to tell the story. Not so with some battle damaged vehicles in a boneyard.
I am sorry if I have bent any rules.
Thank you allowing this to stay and Thank you for your understanding.

My purpose is posting this was not show the battle damage, show dead bodies or give the enemy a score card to how well they are doing.
My point was how emotionally moved I was to be proud be an American...how so very grateful for the brave souls like Col Bob Efferson and those engineers at Fairchild-Republic for doing what we Americans do best...built an aircraft that enemy struggles to defeat and dies trying.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pig Smith... Dont worry, your fine with this one! It's the pictures/videos of the blown up ground vehicles where things get dicey. Awesome video, pilot, and machine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks