• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WW2 Scout Car on Pawn Stars

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Anyone else see the WW2 Scout Car on Pawn Stars last night? I just saw the preview for it , I have the show DVR'd so il have to watch it later but wow... the mods on it have been... umm... sad from what I saw so far.

-Jay

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That thing was noth worthy of pics.. There wasnt much WWII vintage anything on it. And thats what Rick and David Wong told the potential seller.

Preacherboy

Everything looked to be sitting on a Dodge frame and it even had a modern Dodge steering wheel! I understand that people build "replicas" because actual vehicles are cost prohibative, but this was a hack job.

The seller might be able to get some unsuspecting person (who hasn't seen the show) to buy it for $10,000 or so.

For those who want pictures I'm sure you will be able to view the show somewhere on the internet.

197thhhc

The guy who owned it paid $25,000.00 for it. He didn't know it was a replica. It had a cummins dodge pickup engine also. It looked very nice but the guy had been ripped off.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
What i dont get is why do people that have 25K dollars to spend dont look under the hood to see that it had a Dodge / Cummins engine.

Its like guys with 46's CJ's painted them army and adding things and calling them WW2 Jeeps.

A fool and his money will soon be parted. - Would be a nice way of putting it?

hwcurtice

Would still like to see pictures, without having to download the episode online...

or should I just wait until next Monday when it's free to watch?

mmmmm Decisions decisions....

hwcurtice

Why do you have to pay to watch it? It was on yesterday on regular TV.

Lets see if we can find pictures guys.
Um don't have TV... I can download the episode through iTunes = $$$

Yeah we use our monitor for things like movies and games.... No live football or baseball or car/truck races.

Not even cartoons for the kids!

Of course, with the stuff on TV that is filling our children's minds, maybe this is a good thing.

Preacherboy

The Cummins engine isn't necessarily bad...but the Dodge suspension and steering colum where awful!

A fully restored command car with a modern Cummins engine would be worth a lot I'm sure, this thing however isn't worth that much. I'd actually rather have a CUCV with a cummins over that.

mikes47jeep

the only things on that "scout car" that were original was the grill, hood, firewall, windsheild, and misc other small parts

now this is a M3 with about a $50K resoration into it

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks