• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought A Tank

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How big of a lift kit will fit and do I need that crossover linkage? Who makes the best kit?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, so this morning I get to the office (at the Funeral Home) and check email, glance at the new posts on the SS Site and..... WOW - What a Thread!!!

So I read the first post and almost DIE LAUGHING.... (Fortunately the Casket Showroom is right next door to my office)...

Can't help but notice that this thread isn't even 4 hours old yet and already more than 40 posts !
Is THAT a RECORD ? ! ? ! ?

Congrats CARNAC..... You "all knowing" wonder-boy !

:nothingfunny::grd:[thumbzup]

hughscpa

Ever think of bobbing it? That blue paint that was on the deuce the other day would look sweet on that tank! I have all kinds of ideas for you.:p

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
One more thing guys that I forgot to ask, I brought it to use, NOT sit in my yard to look at, so since I want to use my new TOY, where can I get bullets so I can SHOOT the gun on 4th of july and other special days, also do you think my HOA will have a problem with my tank and shooting the gun, thanks guys

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will it be a problem to get a title for since it doesn't have a 17 digit VIN #? When I go to my DMV office, can I just tell them it's a jeep, and leave it at that? And just what class of license do I need to drive a tank? Who has the best insurance rates for a tank? If the tank is for personal use, do I need an IFTA fuel sticker? Do you think the state transport police would care if I only listed it at 40 tons instead of 80 tons? I kill myself.......................:mrgreen:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One more thing guys that I forgot to ask, I brought it to use, NOT sit in my yard to look at, so since I want to use my new TOY, where can I get bullets so I can SHOOT the gun on 4th of july and other special days, also do you think my HOA will have a problem with my tank and shooting the gun, thanks guys
CARNAC:
BEWARE of letters soundling like this......

I am friend from Yugoslavia. A former tenant vacated rent-house owned by me (in Nigeria) and left 30 live rounds of AMMO your new toy can use. Please at earliest convenience kindly send CERTIFIED FUNDS via Western Onion in amount of 40,000$US including shipping and import duckumentation, I will have my brothers take this item to nearby ship to delivery for you. I do not want disposal locally.
If you have any kwestions, please call me at 4s5c4a4m3-1u9r5-3m5o7n9e3y2

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been lurking on here for over 4 years now...ok I've been a member for 4 years.
Maybe if you SEARCHED for a calendar or a calculator you would find out that with a join date of JULY 2007 you have been a member for over THREE years. Unless July 2011 has already past and I missed it.

FNGs.....................

:cookoo:

kennys@wi.rr.com

Can I use the cheaper DOT3 break fluid in the tank? Why won't it mix aren't they all the same really?

Do I have to use the special motor oil like the TM said or can I just use the WalMart brand stuff and be good with that?

waayfast

Since I been waiting for the local DMV to get back to me on title and registration (they said there may be a problem??!!) I thought I would not drive it to Home Dope-o to get the wifes macrame supplies just yet.Wanna stay legal ya know- so I been driving it around the backyard while waiting.
Question: bad winter here, lots of snow so I put some chains on it for better traction. Problem is the right track has come clear off and the left side chain has wadded itself up in those big wheels---now I'm REALLY stuck. Anybody else ever had this happen?Wut I do wrong? Is this mentioned in the TM's? I searched but--------:roll:

kastein

State requirements here say it has to have a catalytic converter, 2 side mirrors and a rearview mirror, and needs a bumper height of 24 inches max, do you think it will be ok? Can I get my emissions sticker at the Mobil station like usual?

Pawnshop

Can I tow this behind my M1009? Will a M105 bed fit on the back? I am thinking about cutting out the turret hatch and removing the magazine so I have enough room for a hot tub in the turret, I can still drive it that way right? Lets see the pix of your M1A1 camper builds!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks