• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought A Tank

The King Machine

My Home Depot Snorkel has lasted 4 years,

Unfortunately I'm going to be retiring it for a bendy straw and some bubble gum, I heard it gives the multi fuel 11.371 more Horse power at 5000 rpm.

I have the dyno data on my other computer.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Time to expand my fleet. Guess I will have to do so repair on this one.

So what do you all think, should I put MRAP tires on it? Should I keep the run flats in or take them out? If I leave them in, I read in Hustler (that I only get for the articles) that if I take them out, I can gain a mile per gallon.

One problem with the mileage, if I install the tracks, the weight goes up and my mileage stinks. If I leave the tracks off, I can't seem to get any mileage at all. Anybody know how to over come this?

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

So what do you all think, should I put MRAP tires on it? Should I keep the run flats in or take them out? If I leave them in, I read in Hustler (that I only get for the articles) that if I take them out, I can gain a mile per gallon.

One problem with the mileage, if I install the tracks, the weight goes up and my mileage stinks. If I leave the tracks off, I can't seem to get any mileage at all. Anybody know how to over come this?

CARNAC:
I can relate, Brother.

I acquired a TANK when I got that 5-Ton Tractor I towed home on the tow bar you loaned to me. Actually, I got TWO TANKS!!!!

There seem to be A LOT of parts missing from mine. But in spite of the deficiencies, I am determined to get them fully operational and even make them shoot stuff.

Here are pics of my TANKS:

IMG_2050.jpg This one fills up with 225 Gallons, but the mileage so far is pitiful.

And this one is a "mini" Tank and holds only 35 Gallons...IMG_2052.jpg

As you can see, even the ARMOR is missing along with the entire drive trains.

At least whoever stripped them down installed black plastic covers on the TURRET MOUNTS !

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter

What do you need to do to it so that it can cruise at 70mph easily, and use it as your daily driver?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
For that I probably will have to remove the run flats. I'd only hit 62 with them in.

Anybody ever recovered one of these? I was thinking of using the wife's mini van as the toe vehicle. I only have about a 8 hr trip. Only place that would be a concern is having to go through Houston. I have to be home by 8 so I will be in Houston about 5 pm. I don't have a toe dolly so figure I will rent a tow dolly from u haul. Should work, what could go wron

m715mike

CARNAC:
I can relate, Brother.

I acquired a TANK when I got that 5-Ton Tractor I towed home on the tow bar you loaned to me. Actually, I got TWO TANKS!!!!

There seem to be A LOT of parts missing from mine. But in spite of the deficiencies, I am determined to get them fully operational and even make them shoot stuff.

Here are pics of my TANKS:

View attachment 706416 This one fills up with 225 Gallons, but the mileage so far is pitiful.

And this one is a "mini" Tank and holds only 35 Gallons...View attachment 706417

As you can see, even the ARMOR is missing along with the entire drive trains.

At least whoever stripped them down installed black plastic covers on the TURRET MOUNTS !

I hate to point out the obvious, but your tanks have clearly been bobbed! They look like good restoration candidates. Has anyone ever un-bobbed a tank? I would love to get step-by-step instructions with lots of pictures.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
G'day everyone,...

I think CARNAC was down under with his new toy,....
I think there is a "black fella"** crying somewhere - tree spirits and all!

Question - do you know why you switched from Leopard 2's to Abrams?

[**NB. Sensors/pc fans/Mods - Aboriginal folks use this term to describe themselves, so in context, this is not a racial slur.]

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
That was supposed to be classified. I guess it doesn't matter. I hopped into the SR71 earlier this morning and flew home. The rest of the clan are loading onto my fleet of C5's and C17's to come back to the LZ tomorrow. They wanted to party it up another night especially after I said I'd pay the bar tab. It's great to be independently wealthy.

And it was meant to be a toebar cause some of these intelligent people around here don't know the difference. LOL.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks